Bought a 48 Whizzer

GoldenMotor.com

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
I was over at Jay's house this afternoon, and this bike is loud, but in a good way. It sounds almost like a Harley. Very powerful sounding, very nice. Quenton did some good work on this engine. I bet it will sound even better once the carb is properly tuned.

jbcruisin

Oct 10, 2008
Lebanon, Pa.
Hey jb, what carb did you go with, post pics of your motor when you can, and how is your cam coming along.

Ray
I have a tilotson off a cushman on it. It starts & idles great. but from 1/3 to 2/3 throttle it bogs down but after that it roars. I'm going to try a mikuni. I'm still going to try to get the tilotson to work because it looks more original. The minute I start it though it's obvious that it's not stock. The cam is strong.
Jay

mason_man

Jul 19, 2009
LA SoCal
Seems like carbs are a big thing right now, my tillotson MT main adjustment screw is about 2 turns out, should be just one turn. runs great.

Thanks,
Ray

thimmaker

Jan 25, 2008
Bartlett, Illinois
Nice bike. That throttle grip and parts were also on the Monark Supertwin with the parts put inside the bar. Supertwin engine was just two Travis cylinders on a common crankcase. All built by Power Products. Also on lawnmowers and outboards.
Geo.

jbcruisin

Oct 10, 2008
Lebanon, Pa.
I finally got the engine dialed in. The mid range problem was because the main nozzle was missing from the carb. my H model Whizzers didn't have one, just a hole. A friend with a Tillotson book found out it was missing. I got one from Dennis Carpenter.