Newbie in search of guidance, please.

GoldenMotor.com

Heppie

Feb 3, 2012
Central Florida
I've been stalking this site for a few months now with a vague idea of what I wanted to build. I have learned a lot from all of you already. I don't know nearly enough to build from scratch or have that much time on my hands. At this point, my tax refund is on the way and I'm ready to purchase my kit and battery pack.

I own a 26" Schwinn Meridian Trike with a kid's shadow bike attached. I work from home and home school my son. We are looking for something we can use to buzz up to the park or the grocery store on, so 5 to 10 miles, if we get adventurous. We live in Central Florida, so we have minimal hills to deal with. Most people would call them bumps :)

I am considering this kit http://www.trendtimes.com/electric-bike-kit-800-watt.html
It's a little more power than we need, but I hope that will make up for the extra weight of the kiddo in tow.

If this kit is a good choice, I'm having trouble locating the suggested battery.

Any guidance will be greatly appreciated!

SANGESF

Feb 23, 2009
Lake Worth
The kit sounds reasonably priced...
Batteries are the real expensive part tho...
If you want a max of 20 miles round trip, expect at least $300 for the batteries alone..
PM me with any additional questions

Last edited: