Natchez Trace Parkway?

GoldenMotor.com

Fulltimer

Aug 13, 2010
Saint Augustine, FL
Has anyone ever traveled any sections of the Natchez Trace Parkway on your MB? I would love to travel the whole 444 miles of it on mine some day! I did it in a motorhome once and it is beautiful!

Terry

Elmo

Sep 3, 2009
Mississippi
I ride the Trace locally pretty regularly. I made one ride from the terminus in Natchez to Rocky springs and back, a little over 100 miles that day. The cagers are used to bike traffic and give you room most of the time. I have never had a Park Ranger give me any trouble. The reports from bicyclist that have ridden in the Tupelo, MS area say it is bad with going to work and getting home traffic. I too want to ride the whole thing on my MB sometime. It is a great ride.

Fulltimer

Aug 13, 2010
Saint Augustine, FL
I see they even have bicycle only campgrounds! BTW, the Trace starts in Natchez and goes north according to their web site. Maybe someday we can get a group ride on it. That would really be great!

Terry

gbortnick

Oct 1, 2011
Seymour, Tn
Count me in. This last week I put 50 miles on this great road. I want to do the whole route but have to do a bit more planning. It was great but ran into a little rear wheel problem. Let me know if we can get something going.

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
I have in-laws in MS. I'd like ride ride some of it with you. I used to plan an epic bicycle ride on the Trace but my knees will no longer handle that.

gbortnick

Oct 1, 2011
Seymour, Tn
I am going south to warm up very soon but would really like to do the Trace. I will be back mid Feb and would love to do the whole thing then. Keep in touch.
George

Fulltimer

Aug 13, 2010
Saint Augustine, FL
My forks will be shipped back to me in the morning so after they get here I'll be good to go. Mid February would probably be a good time. It gives people a chance to make plans. Plus maybe we could get some more people!

Terry

Fulltimer

Aug 13, 2010
Saint Augustine, FL
Here would be a nice ride. Make it a round trip. The starting position is just outside of Natchez, MS.

'Water and market locations on or near the parkway in
south to north order.

Milepost Location (Trace stops with restrooms are in bold)

Mississippi
15.5 Mount Locust

17.5 Coles Creek

30 MS Hwy 552 to US Hwy 61 South – Old Country Store Restaurant 2 miles east of parkway

37.5 US Hwy 61 – market .4 miles north of parkway

41.3 MS Hwy 18 - town of Port Gibson (south on US 61) with markets (gas)are 1.1 miles west of parkway

54.8 Rocky Springs

59 Fisher Ferry Road (Utica/Vicksburg exit) - market .8 miles west of parkway (closed on Mondays)

79.0 MS Hwy 467 – town of Raymond is 2.5 miles east of parkway with market (gas)

89 Pinehaven Drive - Clinton Visitor's Center (west) and market (gas) .4 miles east or parkway

102.4 US Hwy 51 - markets (gas) .6 miles south of parkway. The Trace Grill restaurant .6 miles north of parkway.

103.4 Old Canton Road - markets .3 miles east of parkway

114.9 MS Hwy 43 – market (gas) 1.5 miles west of parkway'