got a trike and i want to put a motor but i need help first

GoldenMotor.com

Saddletramp1200

Custom MB Buiilder
May 7, 2008
Houston, Texas
I am more than happy to help. Many things must be considered on this bike. 49cc is legal most places. Over that and your taking a chance. Being a trike your not going to be riding very fast. I will not advise anyone to break the law. Now, IF it was my bike, not for sale, and I was sure the frame would hold the power, I would look into a bigger motor. (c)

Dropyotop

Sep 9, 2011
glendale heights
I am more than happy to help. Many things must be considered on this bike. 49cc is legal most places. Over that and your taking a chance. Being a trike your not going to be riding very fast. I will not advise anyone to break the law. Now, IF it was my bike, not for sale, and I was sure the frame would hold the power, I would look into a bigger motor. (c)
yea i know its going to be "off road use" ;) but alright im probly going to go with the 49cc because i dont want to have a manual bike thanks thought ill let you know what i buy i might get the materials in the next week or so

Mr_R.I.DING

Dec 28, 2010
Adelaide
soo i got a trike that has a sound system and new paint job but now its ridiculous heavy i can barly ride it n i want to add a motor with a genorator ive been looking at a 110 cc motor n i was thinkin of putting it in the box and have a muffler hang under the box let me know what you guys think???(ps i can get a 110cc motor 50 bucks with key but its manual...
Heres a photo the back has a door for maintenance if you need any more photos just say n ill snap em in an instant
i'd go with two different choices, you could either somehow modify the underside of your box or frame and run a watercooled motor, or run 3 e-hubs, and modify your box to hold the battery.... either way, your bike is gonna get heavier by a fair whack....

e-hubs would require a relace of your rims though....

Dropyotop

Sep 9, 2011
glendale heights
hahah thanks guys for your interested BUT im not intrested in this anymore JUST KIDDING laff Hahaha wow after alot of thinking im going to talk prices on the 110cc ill be wasting more gas on the 2 stroke cuz i herd they get like 30 mpg and the one ima get is gonna get 125mpg on its frame it gots here what ima get its a x18 super pocket bike i use to be a pocket biker but then i left the sport since cops dint want thous on the streets
heres the pic of the bike im going to get the cluch has riped off but other than that its running
Looks beautiful dont it?

Saddletramp1200

Custom MB Buiilder
May 7, 2008
Houston, Texas
Yes it will run backwards. IF there is room in the frame for a jack shaft kit and 2 stroke motor it's possible to use a 2 stroke, but I don't see the room. (c)

Saddletramp1200

Custom MB Buiilder
May 7, 2008
Houston, Texas
I looked at this bike, made the pic bigger, looked some more, Get with Pablo @ Sick Bike Parts. Email the pic to him. Your weight, combined with the bikes weight will be a lot for any MB motor, 2 stroke too pull. My worry is the clutch. (c)

Dropyotop

Sep 9, 2011
glendale heights
I looked at this bike, made the pic bigger, looked some more, Get with Pablo @ Sick Bike Parts. Email the pic to him. Your weight, combined with the bikes weight will be a lot for any MB motor, 2 stroke too pull. My worry is the clutch. (c)
yea i mean idc what motor i get i just need something thats full efficient the 49cc motor my friend gets gets like 20 mpgi might just buy the 110cc IF It works good n then mybe i can get someone to extend the thooths on the engine

Dropyotop

Sep 9, 2011
glendale heights

Ok i finally got the motor i tested we pull this bike with me on it and my friend on the scooter and it took it like nothing this motor is perfect because i herd what happen to one guy that was a speed demon and he got clocked at 30 in this link Motorized bicycles sometimes cross moped line, police say
Really salty but he was asking for it if he dint notice the cops or if he was just dint have the speedo to check how fast he was doing but yea like i read alot of people that have trouble with the law are people who are itching for a fight but ima keep my cool and just use the 49cc it tops at 30 35
but ima go hard(As in off road) with the scooter and then take it apart in the winter by spring its gonna be ready to take on the road .wee.

Tourezrick

Nov 1, 2011
Chicaga
Yes, I'm a newb, but only to this forum, got years of racing sportscars (Alfa Romeo, Corvette and McLaren). You really should not put an air cooled gas motor into a box, even with a fan to provide forced draft over the cylinder fins. Overheating is the first reason, and you know that heat is the enemy of your amp, but even a better reason is trapping flammable vapors in an enclosure. There is a very good reason that power boats have bilge fans on a timer before engine start is permitted - the reason is a very loud bang followed by a hot fire. Say it can't happen to you? True story coming up. Got a friend that tied up in a lock (Thomas J. O'Brian Lock and Dam on the Calumet River going into Lake Michigan), shut off the engines, while the lock cycled and the lock gate opened, turned the key, vapors ignited in his Carver ($$$ cabin cruiser), blew him into the lock basin, but not before 2nd degree burns on face and arms. This was an older boat, so it didn't have fan interlocks, had carbs (like all these little engines we use) not f.i., and he didn't open the access hatches to vent. I know you want to have a hot ride (we all do), just not the kind of hot that burns your rig and A$$ to a cinder!

Dropyotop

Sep 9, 2011
glendale heights
Yes, I'm a newb, but only to this forum, got years of racing sportscars (Alfa Romeo, Corvette and McLaren). You really should not put an air cooled gas motor into a box, even with a fan to provide forced draft over the cylinder fins. Overheating is the first reason, and you know that heat is the enemy of your amp, but even a better reason is trapping flammable vapors in an enclosure. There is a very good reason that power boats have bilge fans on a timer before engine start is permitted - the reason is a very loud bang followed by a hot fire. Say it can't happen to you? True story coming up. Got a friend that tied up in a lock (Thomas J. O'Brian Lock and Dam on the Calumet River going into Lake Michigan), shut off the engines, while the lock cycled and the lock gate opened, turned the key, vapors ignited in his Carver ($$$ cabin cruiser), blew him into the lock basin, but not before 2nd degree burns on face and arms. This was an older boat, so it didn't have fan interlocks, had carbs (like all these little engines we use) not f.i., and he didn't open the access hatches to vent. I know you want to have a hot ride (we all do), just not the kind of hot that burns your rig and A$$ to a cinder!
thanks for the support and yeah im not going to enclose it anymore im going to free it with direct air from the earth but right now im trying to redesign it but waht i got now is have half enclosed and half open free.. but the only reason i want to add the motor since the bike is really heavy as you can see..