Think this engine might be to big?

GoldenMotor.com

BADBOOH

Apr 3, 2010
San Diego CA,
I recently broke two engine mount studs on a long group ride where I was full throttle for many miles when....SNAP! Did not crash so no big deal. However, I found an engine lying around my buddies shop and took a picture of it next to my 66cc for comparision. Think I could shoe horn her on beach cruiser? I greatly appreciate any feed back:)

Attachments

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
Seeing as it appears to be a Dodge V10 (I could very well be wrong on that), are you planing on making your own version of a Tomahawk?

As for it fitting your bike, anything is possible with some scrap metal, a grinder and a welder.

Wheels are another story though. I doubt that the finest bicycle wheels available would hold up to that amount of torque. A rag joint sprocket is definitely out of the question for sure. Better get a hold of sportscarpat for one of his adapters.

BADBOOH

Apr 3, 2010
San Diego CA,
Seeing as it appears to be a Dodge V10 (I could very well be wrong on that), are you planing on making your own version of a Tomahawk?

As for it fitting your bike, anything is possible with some scrap metal, a grinder and a welder.

Wheels are another story though. I doubt that the finest bicycle wheels available would hold up to that amount of torque. A rag joint sprocket is definitely out of the question for sure. Better get a hold of sportscarpat for one of his adapters.
It is not a Viper engine it is a 5,733cc Porsche Carrera GT V-10. Way to expensive to attach to a bike. I helped my buddy mate the transmission and the engine after he installed a new clutch. The whole car comes apart to do the job. The engine produces 435ft pounds of torque at 5,00rpm's and 612HP at 8,000 (for those who care). I just seen a photo opportunity and took it.