Finished, Finally!!

GoldenMotor.com

Tad Bit Tipsy

Jan 2, 2010
Pensacola,FL
Very Nice CB, looks like you could ride around on that all day. Is that the 152F on there, I have seen you use that on several builds. Was thinking about replacing my HS with one. What's the height of those without the gas tank?

cannonball2

Oct 28, 2010
Colonial Coast USA.
Thanks for the kind comments. The Lifan is about 9.5" high, 9" front to back and 11" wide, from the outside of the recoil to the tip if the crankshaft. It is not a bunch larger than the HS. I have 4 of the Lifans and they have been flawless in ther performance.

Tad Bit Tipsy

Jan 2, 2010
Pensacola,FL
Thanks CB, those Lifans are great engines. At that price too, I don't mine fooling around with performance tweaks. I figure I'd remove the pull start and lighten the flywheel, maybe have a billet one made. I plan on sticking the AGK jackshaft on it since the output shaft is basically the same as the HF 79cc. I keep looking at Atomic Zombie's 4 wheel recumbent and I could just see the engine stuck on the front of it and then run the jackshaft over to the right side for tying into the gears. Man it would be like a little car, lol.

cannonball2

Oct 28, 2010
Colonial Coast USA.
Thanks LS! Most of the wood is scraps from my boat project. This has turned out to be a wonderful bike. I finally optimized the roller size @ 2.1". This gives a really wound out top speed of 34mph. This allows a relaxed cruise in the 28-30mph range. With its speed and comfort its a great traveler. The wind fairing actually made a little difference in its speed.

LS614

Dec 22, 2009
CT and MA
2.1", that sounds enormous, do you still have an power on hills or are there no hills where you are?

cannonball2

Oct 28, 2010
Colonial Coast USA.
Deacon: its a very nicely balanced bike, very stable with the long wheel base.

LS614: I have run rollers as large as 2.4 which gets it into the 39-40mph range on top, thats really too fast and the hill climbing suffers. Anything below 2.0 is used for trailer towing as the top end cruise suffers, but hill climbing is killer. The 2.1 is the ideal roller for the Lifan engine, excellent cruise speed, and very good hill climb ability. I carry rollers from 1.6-2.1 in .250"(roughly) increments on the bike as they take less than a minute to change. If I ride into unkown territory hill wise and encounter monster hills Im covered. Likewise if I head to the flats I take the 2.4 for a very relaxed 32mph cruise.

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
I have got to get back on a bike. i am dying to try the three wheelers out.

The trike I have setup with the 31cc front wheel drive is really making me crazy to ride.

I also have a plan to build a 24" frm with a faux 20" rear end trike type setup with no pedals. Just the ilfan because as I remember it, I could gently lower the ilfan on the tire and it would pull itself to a start. Probably give it a push like a scooter. to set the momentum moving forward.