Look what I found

GoldenMotor.com

NashOpel

Jul 10, 2009
Arvada,CO
I picked this up last night, really cheap. I gave $50.00 for it and it runs good. I am going to put this on a XL Schwinn chopper I hope :) . I have been trying to figure out what model engine it is. So far my guess is its a S5T I think. I called a KTM dealer here in Denver and they can not find the year by the VIN they only go back to 1998.
I took the intake off and it does have the 2 reed block in the jug. From what I found on the Morini site the E and N does not have the reeds. I would like to be sure before I order a gasket set and stuff to freshen her up. If more pics or if this engine is not a good choice for a Morini please let me know.
Thanks George

Attachments

dmb

Dec 4, 2010
lakewood ca
ya looks like a s5t in a 98, such a good deal. i said 98 because i think 1 yr then they went gs. i have 97 s5n and cut the motor mounts for the kustum kruzer roadster. treatland.com has air cleaners and more stuff

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
What a piece of junk! That seat looks like it's gonna need a lot of work :)

Congratulations, George. Let me know when you want to fab up some motor mounts on that Schwinn. My TIG is just sitting here waiting for you. Me too. Call me.
Tom

NashOpel

Jul 10, 2009
Arvada,CO
Thanks guys.
I am going to try and get it all apart this weekend. Tom I will let you know when its ready to go.
George

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Nice find!. I hope you do a build thread on it with lots of photos. Pretty cool 2 door is helping out with the welder. Always good to have knowledgeable friends.
SB

NashOpel

Jul 10, 2009
Arvada,CO
I found a couple of bikes before this one came along, which the engines were bad. Thanks SB I have most of the mounts cut just waiting on a couple of parts.
George

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
Dude picks up a Morini motor for $50 and all he has to do is dig it out of an ugly bike. ***Jealousy welling up here*** Mother f#$@%! I have just GOT to resume cruising yard sales and garage sales and craigslist and what-not. I feel like I'm missing things.

You got yourself a nice engine there. Enjoy! :)

NashOpel

Jul 10, 2009
Arvada,CO
Re: Look what I found for the XL

Got some more stuff for the build. Disc brake wheels, tires and discs from Bargain Basement Bicycle Parts - Catalog "Bargain Basement Bicycle Parts" Iam not going to say how much dont want Allen Wernch any more upset :) I get paid once a month (which is good and bad) With this allowace i have gotten the calipers and the rest of the brake components.
George scratg

Attachments

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis

Got some more stuff for the build. Disc brake wheels, tires and discs from Bargain Basement Bicycle Parts - Catalog "Bargain Basement Bicycle Parts" Iam not going to say how much dont want Allen Wernch any more upset :) I get paid once a month (which is good and bad) With this allowace i have gotten the calipers and the rest of the brake components.
George scratg
I gotta give you props, Nash: you're playin' my old game and you're playin' well. I picked up my JC Higgins for free, they were gonna throw it out. I'm recycling the engine from my first build. And I get most of my bike parts as cheap as I can. At least, I thought so until I saw "Bargain Basement Bicycle Parts". But don't worry. This time I'll go off quietly somewhere and kick myself.

Nash, with a Morini engine, Stingray frame, and a few pretty nice parts like what I saw on that site, you are gonna have a killer bike, my man! And for a killer price tag. I'll have to see how this pans out now. Build away.

Last edited:

DaveC

Jul 14, 2010
Boise, ID

I gotta give you props, Nash: you're playin' my old game and you're playin' well. I picked up my JC Higgins for free, they were gonna throw it out. I'm recycling the engine from my first build. And I get most of my bike parts as cheap as I can. At least, I thought so until I saw "Bargain Basement Bicycle Parts". But don't worry. This time I'll go off quietly somewhere and kick myself.

Nash, with a Morini engine, Stingray frame, and a few pretty nice parts like what I saw on that site, you are gonna have a killer bike, my man! And for a killer price tag. I'll have to see how this pans out now. Build away.[/QUOTE

BBBP is a good place to buy parts. In spite of a little reluctance to sell retail they will sell to you. Make it a fairly large order and they will accomidate you :)

NashOpel

Jul 10, 2009
Arvada,CO

This is what makes it a great place to come and feel like you belong. Only when your doing something that might endanger you or others is when I see anyone strongly state their concern. Which is a good thing:)
My grandfather always told me time or money, which one do you have more of. Right now its time, so I scrounge for stuff:)

BBBP is a good place to buy parts. In spite of a little reluctance to sell retail they will sell to you. Make it a fairly large order and they will accommodate you :)
I could not rember where I saw the info untill after I posted.
Dave, Thank you!!!! They are really nice guys to deal with and fast shipping. I still have my old resale lic. from the shop so it made it real easy.
George

NashOpel

Jul 10, 2009
Arvada,CO

Nash, with a Morini engine, Stingray frame, and a few pretty nice parts like what I saw on that site, you are gonna have a killer bike, my man! And for a killer price tag. I'll have to see how this pans out now. Build away.
This is what makes it a great place to come and feel like you belong. Only when your doing something that might endanger you or others is when I see anyone strongly state their concern. Which is a good thing
My grandfather always told me time or money, which one do you have more of. Right now its time, so I scrounge for stuff

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
George,
That TIG machine is still here, waiting for ya. I'll keep the tungsten warm. I'm anxious to see that thing up close. See ya Sat. Oct. 8.
Tom