??? Value of a 1999 Whizzer ???

GoldenMotor.com

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
I dont know the model number but a local shop has a 1999 all original whizzer for sale with about 200 miles on the clock. They are asking $800 and state it runs and operates perfectly. Looks like it even has the original tires on it. Just wondering what you guys think? Thanks: Dan

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
I dont know the model number but a local shop has a 1999 all original whizzer for sale with about 200 miles on the clock. They are asking $800 and state it runs and operates perfectly. Looks like it even has the original tires on it. Just wondering what you guys think? Thanks: Dan
1999 Whizzers in original condition need $100's to fix defects
in the motor. There is a reason it only has 200 miles on it.
Would pay to do some more research.

zean

Dec 5, 2010
california
Hi. I believe a good looking Whizzer from around that year with all the modifications to make it "bullit proof" costs around $2,000.00. Thankyou.

I purchased enough parts at Portland, IN to make a couple more upgrade kits for the WC-1 Whizzer motors [makes them bullet proof]. The upgrade parts are currently impossible to find, and won't be available much longer.

I saw one 1999 Whizzer sell for $400.00 [needed stator & CDI] at the show, however most were asking between $700.00 and $1200.00 [WC-1 motors 1999 to 2004].

Have fun,

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
Gosh !
Have you gone to see it?
...Fire it up and see how it runs...

If it feels good to you, negotiate with the seller !

There is considerable value in an assembled machine that looks good, is assembled well, and running good!

Best
rc

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
I've decided against it. I have too many projects in the fire already. I looks to be in fine shape obviously garraged, needs new tires and a polish / wax clean up. I bet if you put a bit of time in it hed go down to mabey $700. Heres the shop for anybody interested. it was still their bout 4 days ago. Motorized Bikes! 66cc & 48cc

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
IMO, there are just not any things I can think of that are more instant fun than a bicycle, especially one with a motor on it!

If you feel you have too many projects, that just diminishes the amount you'd be willing to spring... offer the guy $500. :)

Best
rc

...and have fun! :)

mason_man

Jul 19, 2009
LA SoCal
In 1999 the WC-1 cost about $1600.00 new.Thats what i paid for mine then.There have been many attempts to solve some of the problems,valves seats lifting,oil purging,motor temperature above 500 plus degrees.Back then with the valve seats lifting we used a technique known as valve staking,peening material over the edge of the valve seat to help hold it in place,using over size valve seats,using locktite on the valve seat.But because of the high heat this didn't slove the problem.One thing that did work was the uses of roll pins between the valve seat and cylinder deck.This cost about $3.00 if you do it your self.with oil purging there was a hole or two drilled on the tappet over to help vent crankcase pressure.again because of high heat this is still a problem.The cylinder was painted black to help draw out heat,but it's just paint it doesn't have any real value.All WC-1,Ne,Ne-r still have heat issues,high temps.In 2007 i began coating head,piston,valves cylinder with Dry film coating and Thermal barriers my cylinder temp has drop to 275 degrees to 300 degrees on aveage.The WC-1 has been given a bad rap.i used this coating on my WC-1 and Ne,you should have a choice to use either or.The coating cost goes like this,valves about $9.00 to $14.00,piston top about $20.00 skirt $20.00,combustion chamber about $20.00.With just the piston,valves and combustion done you'll see a big difference,lower temps.

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: Taviddude

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
.In 2007 i began coating head,piston,valves cylinder with Dry film coating and Thermal barriers my cylinder temp has drop to 275 degrees to 300 degrees on aveage.The WC-1 has been given a bad rap.i used this coating on my WC-1 and Ne,you should have a choice to use either or.The coating cost goes like this,valves about $9.00 to $14.00,piston top about $20.00 skirt $20.00,combustion chamber about $20.00.With just the piston,valves and combustion done you'll see a big difference,lower temps.
Thanks for the info, would like to get more details when I see you next time.
Was your bike that I rode treated with the coatings?
Hope to see you on the next PCH down to Crystal Cove ride.

Nutcracker

Apr 8, 2011
USA
I have a 99 or 98, not sure exactly. It has about 1300 miles on it and has never had any problems at all. I de-restricted it and advanced the cam at about 500 miles. It has had some brutal riding and keeps on ticking fine. thecoating sounds like something worth trying tho.
knock on wood

mason_man

Jul 19, 2009
LA SoCal
I have a 99 or 98, not sure exactly. It has about 1300 miles on it and has never had any problems at all. I de-restricted it and advanced the cam at about 500 miles. It has had some brutal riding and keeps on ticking fine. thecoating sounds like something worth trying tho.
knock on wood
Nutcracker that's really great to hear all those miles.Hope it keeps going for alot more.If you decide to use the coating you'll just need new rings.Would be nice to hear from more WC-1 Guys.I'll post a pic of the valve seats pinned and valves top coated (thermal)

Attachments