A little info to help other. Good safe tips

GoldenMotor.com

James912

Apr 12, 2011
Florida
When riding with the flow of traffic and im in the bike lane, if someone is else is in front of me in the bike lane coming towards me, i'll slow way down, and pull off the bike lane onto the grass, we'll pass each other and then get back on the bike lane. Before I do get back in the bikelane, i'll make sure no car is in the next lane within feet of me so i wont scare them into thinking im about to fly out onto the road.
Use hand signals.
Wear a reflective vest.
Wear a helmet.
Always let the vehicles go before u at a intersection. Its safe for u and them.
Be respectful. Don' come flying around corners, or drive like a maniac. It makes us motorists look bad.

Stop or atleast slowdown, at every intersection, even if u have the right away.

I've had some close calls where people don't pay any heed to the stop sign and just come flying around the 90* blind corner, oblivious of who's coming. I nearly got hit by a nut in a corvette. He was half way around the corner when he finally saw me. i was doing like 25mph(close to my max speed). I couldn't stop in that short distance. I was just getting to the intersection when he came by. It pissed me off. He knew he was in the wrong. I gave him a good stare as I went past. If i see him do it again. I'm gonna make sure I catch it on tape and take my camera right to the police, so they can get the tag number and send that nut a ticket. People are crazy. They don't think about cyclists or pedestrians.

Rzee

Jun 13, 2011
Wisconsin
Good tips. Something I stand by is not to assume the drivers around know your there and use common sense to avoid them.

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
when someone's heading towards me going the wrong direction in the bike lane, i usually spit on them, kick them in the neck, knock them unconscious, throw their bike into traffic, dump their body down a manhole, and then safely proceed on my merry way...