Bad Time With the Happy Time Motorized Bicycle :(

GoldenMotor.com

DaveC

Jul 14, 2010
Boise, ID
I'm about 3/4 of a mile from the house when my motor starts to chugging and backfireing. Smooths out for a bit now it's full time chugging and backfireing..

Any ideas?:-||

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
Re: Bad Time With the Happy Time :(

read some of the posts on trouble shooting.
could be a fowled plug, choke is on?, too oil rich on the mix 16 to 1 is too much oil.
with all the info I'd say it probably broke.

Last edited:

DaveC

Jul 14, 2010
Boise, ID

Norm, not the choke, I have a CNS V1. 32:1 oil mix in the fuel. I run a Puch Hi-Compression head and I have a NGK BR9HIX Iridium plug with less than 50 miles on it.

I'm thinking DTG has it: CDI box. I got jaguar's CDI and it has performed flawlessly so far. I have a friend who's a electronics wiz, I'm going to have him take a look at it. Tomorrow I put the old stock box on and try it out. If it still chuggs then it's the magneto and I'm thinking sheared woodruf key but my moneys on the CDI :p

Al.Fisherman

Sep 9, 2009
Calera, Alabama

Norm, not the choke, I have a CNS V1. 32:1 oil mix in the fuel. I run a Puch Hi-Compression head and I have a NGK BR9HIX Iridium plug with less than 50 miles on it.

I'm thinking DTG has it: CDI box. I got jaguar's CDI and it has performed flawlessly so far. I have a friend who's a electronics wiz, I'm going to have him take a look at it. Tomorrow I put the old stock box on and try it out. If it still chuggs then it's the magneto and I'm thinking sheared woodruf key but my moneys on the CDI :p
Magnetto pictures by Ron-Becker - Photobucket

DaveC

Jul 14, 2010
Boise, ID

I put on the stock ignition and no love, still chugging. Pulled the cover off the magneto and took off the magnet. Woodruf key was where it should be.

The Grubee magneto would be cool but I couldn't find a price, just a big long list of things they have with no prices on them.

No big deal for now, I just ordered a 49cc from BGF. It's the last 49cc motor they have.