yodabobs build

GoldenMotor.com

yodabob

Jun 29, 2008
North Wales PA
We started the Morini motor fit up last night. Built a 2x4 gig that we could suspended the motor from top mount in the frame. As to be able to lower, raise, level, rock front to back, and shift side to side with ease for measuring of billet motor mounts and rear sprocket line up.
Also see pic of a simple gig made to press fit on rear sprocket with a laser pointer used to align motor sprocket. More pics as I progress.

Street legal in PA
YouTube - Motorized bike street legal in PA 2

Attachments

buzbikebklyn1

Jun 3, 2009
Brooklyn N.Y.
Beautiful mounts, the 2X4 jig was a great idea, are you using a top mount as well?
WERE DID YOU GET THE ENGINE?
Great looking ride.
Ill keep following your build.
BBB

yodabob

Jun 29, 2008
North Wales PA
Working eight days a week. Having a hard time finding time for build, but I'll get it done some how or another.
Finished drive hub for new custom built wheel. Aluminum drive hub, aluminum rim made for caliper brakes mounted on hub retaining coaster brake also. Tire is a Schwalbe Energizer with a kevlar belting holding a British ECE75 certification. Which is like our DOT rating for up to 50km/h or 31 mph.
Looking to fit up exhaust next.

Street legal in PA
YouTube - Motorized bike street legal in PA 2

Attachments

buzbikebklyn1

Jun 3, 2009
Brooklyn N.Y.
Thanks yodabob...
Hows your build coming along?
I just got my S6-T motor and pipe today, as usual work and obligation interfere and im stalled for the moment...
I cant wait to test fit that puppy in the fame.
Ill post as soon as i can.
BBB

yodabob

Jun 29, 2008
North Wales PA
Well finally got sometime to get through the nightmare of altering and fitting up around my frame down tube and down through the peddle area, an exhaust pipe from Pirate Cycles for my build. I'm trying a rear support mount I made with a high heat 65 durometer cushion mount. I went with a down pipe for the look, and for the life of me I don't how you guys are riding with those up sweep pipes under your leg and the family jewels. Just need to fit up drive chain idler and guards then planning on tearing it all down, sandblast frame and go with a new color scheme.

Street legal in PA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmIQeB3q3N8&feature=related

Attachments

buzbikebklyn1

Jun 3, 2009
Brooklyn N.Y.
You make some purdy mounts...lol
Expanded metal heat shielding and lots of motorcycle header wrap, is how we don't roast the jewels.
In operation its actually not that close to your leg.
Nice job, that pipe looks like it was born there.
BBB

Last edited:

buzbikebklyn1

Jun 3, 2009
Brooklyn N.Y.
I WISH...though I suppose I should be great-full im this busy this time of year-
The night jobs keeping me very busy and I'm only doing 2 days a week at the bike shop so works building up there as well.
But it is giving me time to collect all the 101 little parts that go into a build.
At the moment im waiting on some 415 chain sprockets from Kings as im sure the stock ones aren't going to hold up.
details details details...
Yours is looking good, what make frame is that?
Will post asap.
BBB