Nice Ride Today

GoldenMotor.com

Elmo

Sep 3, 2009
Mississippi
I gassed up the Flying Dutchman this morning and took off for a longish ride. Made 85 miles before I got back home. Weather was nice 60 degrees when I left and 79 when I got back home 5 hours later. stopped and visited with my uncle for awhile, he is 86 and still working every day. He is the last of the older generation on my mothers side. Saw my dad for a little bit, he is 98 and the last of his side.
The bike did very well, not even a hiccup..trk

lightingever

Sep 20, 2010
china
Awesome! It seems the ride did give you a good mood! I read an article about ride before. A young man just decided to ride across our country after he said goodbye to his girlfriend. Of course there are a lot of mountains and plateaus in his journey. But he succeed at last. The ride also consoled his hurt sole.

Elmo

Sep 3, 2009
Mississippi
Had another good one today. Left home, went to town and bought a new speedometer for the Flying Dutchman. Met a bunch of bikers for Christ and had a really good time with them. Then got on the Natchez Trace and rode to Rocky Springs and back home. Clocked 124 miles and averaged 26.5 mph. I was glad to get off the bike when I got home though. Thats 205 miles in two days, the most that I have done.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
That's a lot of riding Elmo! I have done several 70+ mile days, but most are in the 35-50 mile range.

Heart warming that you saw your uncle and dad too.

My dad has a motorized bike now...he called me to tell me how great a time he had on it yesterday.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Thanks for sharing your adventure, Elmo. Congratulations on the successful ride.
Keep us informed on any others you do and real glad you stopped in to see your dad and uncle. They and you will have good memories of that visit. Thanks again.
Tom

azbill

May 18, 2008
Fountain Hills, Arizona
Heart warming that you saw your uncle and dad too.

My dad has a motorized bike now...he called me to tell me how great a time he had on it yesterday.
excellent, and very cool, for both of you !!!

posts like these are my favorites for reading,
they always make me smile and enjoy the rest of my day :)

thanks for sharing (^)