motorbiking and Fishing

GoldenMotor.com

longhair

Mar 24, 2009
eagle rock
Is that a small mouth bass? Well the river looks a lot nicer then I expected to see in LA. Sweet bikes guys!
Nothin like Oregon fishing..... I lived in jacksonville for 31/2 years {Medford 1995-1998}, Our spot is only 10 minutes away on MBs. We actually ride down to waters edge and pick a spot. I would'nt eat those suckers.... just catch and release:bike2:

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
If fishing in Colorado was like it was when I lived in Florida I'd like to do a little bikein'/fishin' but I don't have the patients for fishing that you need here. Hey, maybe I should just take the bike and a pole and if I don't catch anything in say...ten minutes, I'll ride for a while and try a new spot. I figure I could burn up a tank full and if I don't catch anything...so what? :)
Thanks for sharing, Rock. That looks like a fun day.
Tom

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
2door you could always come up north and try some fly fishing up on the Poudre here. We could dominate the poudre bike path together.
mdlee,
That actually sounds like fun. To be honest I've never tied fly fishing but it always looks intriguing to me.
My house in Miami was on a canal that went west into the glades and east to Biscayne Bay. There was salt water and fresh water fish in it depending on which way I took my boat. When you fish in Florida it's a not a matter of IF you catch anything, but HOW BIG.
When I first came here in the 70s I tried Colorado fishing; 8 hours and all I got were a couple of nibbles and one fish that looked like bait. I've tried a few times over the years and never had much luck. I miss fishing and only get to do it when I visit my brother who lives just a couple of miles from the gulf. Now that's fishing, but someday I might take you up on the offer and like I said...if the fish aren't biting, we'll go ride.
Tom

lightingever

Sep 20, 2010
china
Is that a small mouth bass? Well the river looks a lot nicer then I expected to see in LA. Sweet bikes guys!
Ya, the environment looks really nice and the fish's not bad! Really admire this kind of life style. You know, people here just live a rapid pace of life, we have rare chance to enjoy our lives. We usually go to work before the sun rise, and go home after the sun sunk. I really don't like this kind of life.

Last edited:

DaDocta

Oct 13, 2010
us
Longhair and me had another day off so went biking and fishing in the Los Angeles river. yes the L.A. river . it was fun caught some fish.
MAN! im really gettin into the bike fishing thing. Did it for a while sans motor. Now all i want to do is go fishing where i can take my MB. I love flyfishing and still havent hooked a golden bonefish yet. I have been to the local mountains in search of trout. I would love to hook up on the river someday and watch u hook one! Owens valley anyone? holla