whizzer speedometer woes

GoldenMotor.com

outlawbiker

Mar 15, 2009
Chicago NW Suburbs
i didnt know where else to post this so i hope im in the right area. this question goes out to all you whizzer people. im looking to buy a analog whizzer speedo for my chopper 2 stroke bike. every place i look for a regular analog bicycle speedo say they are garbage on a MB, but the whizzer ones hold up, so im wondering what would i need to get a whizzer speedo to work on my bicycle,my front tire is a 24 inch also. thanks for any advice.

Hi Outlawbiker,

Whizzer did make a decent speedometer, but the key word is "did". I had several of the Whizzer units have problems around 2500 miles, but most hold up well.

The speedo was geared for a 26", but was off about 10% on a 24".

Sorry, but I don't have any for sale.

The plastic unit on EBAY has a hard problem with motor vibration and soon becomes impossible to read with the needle shaking so much.

Have fun,

outlawbiker

Mar 15, 2009
Chicago NW Suburbs
Hi Outlawbiker,

Whizzer did make a decent speedometer, but the key word is "did". I had several of the Whizzer units have problems around 2500 miles, but most hold up well.

The speedo was geared for a 26", but was off about 10% on a 24".

Sorry, but I don't have any for sale.

The plastic unit on EBAY has a hard problem with motor vibration and soon becomes impossible to read with the needle shaking so much.

Have fun,
thank you for the advice, is there another alternative out there like maybe converting a moped/ small motorcycle analog gauge or am i doomed to the digital world?

Hi Outlawbiker,

Might be worth the effort to try to find a Whizzer dealer with one of the better speedometers in stock.

I am going to the major motorbike show in Portland, IN next week [July 12-16] and I will ask around to see if anyone has any left in stock.

Have fun,

Kevlarr

Jul 22, 2009
Mi
Problem with a motorcycle or moped speedo is they're set to run off 17"-20" wheels and off a gear drive on the hub. I have a front moped hub I plan on lacing into a 24" wheel and it has a VDO gear drive right on the hub just too bad I can't use it. :(

outlawbiker

Mar 15, 2009
Chicago NW Suburbs
Hi Outlawbiker,

Might be worth the effort to try to find a Whizzer dealer with one of the better speedometers in stock.

I am going to the major motorbike show in Portland, IN next week [July 12-16] and I will ask around to see if anyone has any left in stock.

Have fun,
thank you for your help once again,if you come across anything please dont forget me. i allways check my private messages here and feel free to shoot me one if anything comes up. ultimately im gonna need everything from the gauge down to the gears or whatever,but as long as i can get the parts and get it to work ill be a happy camper.

Last edited:

Kevlarr

Jul 22, 2009
Mi
I think I may just have to send the seller some emails, they for mini gas choppers that have a 49cc motor but from every picture I've seen of the choppers there's no cable going from the front wheel to the speedo.

They also have these for $90, purdy!

Black Panther

Jan 20, 2010
Calif
If digital world this is the best one that I have found out for me for mine mountain bike. It work off a ring of magnets not like a one single magnets. one time I was trying to make a rpm tach out of one and can work.

They use to be easy to by. Down the road I will have to buy one if I make a chinia girl.

Cyclometers