How much is the fee to process REG230 this year?

GoldenMotor.com

JonG

Feb 19, 2010
CA
How much is the fee to process REG230 this year?

I tried calling CA DMV, its impossible to get someone on the phone, looked all over the web (no info for 2010 fee), would go to DMV today to ask but its closed, could wait but I can ask here.

Tony Meier

Jan 14, 2010
Sun Diego
I sent in $18.00 to CA DMV on March 12, 2010. I searched the WEB and could only find references to a fee requirement of $18.00 in California. I'll post up the result when I hear back from the CA DMV.

Tony Meier

Jan 14, 2010
Sun Diego
OK, here's the follow-up on my March 12, 2010 (mail in date) California Motorized Bicycle Instructions/Application on REG 230 form. I received the plate and Registration today, April 10, 2010; just under one month. Copy of Registration in thumbnail below. I sent in $18.00. Note on the registration that the fee is $19.00; however, they show on the right side that they received $18.00. I must owe them a buck. I would suggest that folks send in $19.00 henceforth. The CA regualtions say they can increase the fee each year by $0.50 without going through a formal notice; so, I think everyone will be OK if they send in $19.00 for the remainder of calendar year 2010.

Attachments

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
Thank you for that info... If I hadn't read the other 554 threads on CA law, I wouldn't have known how much to send.

*edit* I know I sound like a jerk, but the answer to the original question has been posted many times before in great detail in the other CA law threads... People just don't look around & read first. :rolleyes:

I'll refer back to what Baird suggested that we rename this website... imustbetheonlypersonwhoeverhadthisproblemsoidon'tneedtosearchpreviousthreads.com
or, nomatterhowmanytimesweseethesameproblemwe'llstillhelpyousolveit.com laff

Last edited:

Nikko

Jun 23, 2011
So Cal
do you guys also get m1 or m2 licenses to ride these? or just get the plates and strap a hlemet on?

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
do you guys also get m1 or m2 licenses to ride these? or just get the plates and strap a hlemet on?
If you are under 21 and get caught riding without a M2 you will
probably lose your C license and be put on some kind of time penalty
before you can get it back along with some hefty fines.

If you are only 16 the penalties are probably even worse.
The laws have tightened up on young drivers for obvious reasons.

Don't waste your money on fake helmets, get a DOT certified one.

The DMV was happy with the $19 I recently sent them so I guess $19
is good at least until the end of 2011.

Last edited:

Nikko

Jun 23, 2011
So Cal
thanks, and btw i have a DOT approved full face motorcycle helmet that i always wear, even when test driving around my block. and ive seen cops drive by me and havnt cared but maybes its because they dont know the laws since no one has MB here