Fall Cruising

GoldenMotor.com

Retmachinist

Oct 21, 2008
Urbandale Ia
The weather finally cleared and I was able to take a cruise this afternoon. I hadn't ridden for a couple weeks and almost forgot how much fun these things are.
Other than the fact that winter is just around the corner, the Fall here is the best time of year.
Had to snap a picture in the edge of a corn field since it will probably be harvested in the next couple days.

John

Attachments

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
John,
That is a pretty corny picture...:)
Know what you mean about fall. We're finally having our annual 'Indian Summer' in Colorado and the weather is perfect for a bike ride. Was 78 today, blue sky and lots of sun. Great weather for burning fossil fuels.
Tom

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
Hadn't ridden for a coupla weeks with a sweet bike like that? Heathen!!! :p

I too gotta say I like the spring a bit better, ofc the wet leaves around here are plotting my downfall... mebbe that's got somethin' to do with it lol

a_dam

Feb 21, 2009
Momence, IL
Hadn't ridden for a coupla weeks with a sweet bike like that? Heathen!!!
I suppose the weather in Iowa has been pretty much like Illinois weather. Very crappy for the last few weeks. I think Mon. 10/19 was the first time it topped 50 degrees F. in about 20 days. Some days didn't break 40. Lots of rain too. Can't complain about the last few days, though.

Not looking forward to the corn coming down. It's good for blocking the wind.

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
lol - I almost sympathize... almost ;)

I commute on my MB, so I've run the gamut of rain/wind/frost and even "almost" snow (it didn't stick) so far this fall. With fine 40 °F weather like yer havin' try some rain gear o'er yer regular clothing - works great to keep the chill wind from cutting through you.

These lil motors run so fine with the cold air and soon enough there will be snow and icy slop everywhere, I'm gettin' in as many miles as I can while I can!

Yer right about the wind, wow it gets crazy doin 30mph on a bicycle with a 30mph crosswind o_O WhooHOO! *wobble*

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
In my part of the world autumn is a better time for riding than spring. In the spring there are hordes of flying insects looking for the proverbial 'free lunch' which is me... so don't slow down. And going fast means your face is peppered with small impacts from these bugs, an organic meteor shower. So, I ride less then knowing that soon enough the bugs will not be so prevalent and there is a sense of lots of riding opportunities to come. In the fall the forest is lush with color and knowing that winter is just around the corner, each day of good riding feels like a special gift since it may be the last. So you tend to savor the experience and pay closer attention. As I pass by lakes on my ride the lower angle of the sun makes the water sparkle with 'water diamonds'... beautiful. And best of all: no bugs.
SB