Memorial ride

GoldenMotor.com

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
There was a story on tv last night about a memorial ride in the next town over. The ride was to call attention to those who had died riding bikes in our area. One woman was on a charity ride when a car ran her down last year. She was kind of the center of the story. These people were riding plain old bikes and got run down so be really really careful out there guys.

huckersteve

May 20, 2008
Seattle
www.gohuckyourself.com
There was a story on tv last night about a memorial ride in the next town over. The ride was to call attention to those who had died riding bikes in our area. One woman was on a charity ride when a car ran her down last year. She was kind of the center of the story. These people were riding plain old bikes and got run down so be really really careful out there guys.
I was on my way to the Ride of Silence here in Seattle the other day when I ate **** crashing into a Jeep Cherokee. Careful is the word.

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
like motorcycles we are hard to see and we have no protection when we crash. take your time use your mirrors and enjoy, that is what bicycling is all about whether you have a bicycle motor or not

chief

May 23, 2008
St. Cloud, MN
It's soooo true! My best defense so far has been to imagine that I am INVISIBLE... These cars/trucks/whatever DO NOT see us!

In my hometown of Watertown, SD, years ago, a guy and his wife were riding at night on a highway (on a motorcycle). The guy saw a deer in front of him and swerved. He missed the deer, but the deer tried to jump the bike and took his wife off the back...

Scary thought....

JR