Your life depends on this!

GoldenMotor.com

Saddletramp1200

Custom MB Buiilder
May 7, 2008
Houston, Texas
After reading another post I truly believe it's time to focus on this a moment. Be aware of whats going on around you at ALL times. Look 1/4 mile in front of you. The dog on the porch, is he going to chase you? The kids playing ball in the front yard. The old lady backing down the drive, does she see you?
The human mind is still the fastest data processor that has ever been, Use it (c)

TerrontheSnake

Jun 1, 2009
Oregon
Fully the truth! That is the Wildland Firefighter regimen, always be fully aware of your surroundings at all times, and act correctly to be in contol of the outcome situations provide.

freewheeling frank

Mar 10, 2009
ridgway colorado
as a guy who has spent his life on 2 wheels i couldnt be more in agreement. as they say there are 2 kinds of cyclists those that have been down and those that are going down, be careful guys. and ya i have been down more than once, safety gear!

azbill

May 18, 2008
Fountain Hills, Arizona
after many years of riding normal mtn bikes in traffic,,,
I assume that I am invisible to all other vehicles that are supposed to be sharing the road with me !!!
I see them, but, they never see me and I ride accordingly

noco

Sep 9, 2009
fort collins colorado
what happens to me at least once a week is that a car passes you just to cut you off to make a right...they always look stupid when you gotta smack there car after a 30mph skid...drivers are retarded

Deadend

Aug 19, 2009
ca
what happens to me at least once a week is that a car passes you just to cut you off to make a right...they always look stupid when you gotta smack there car after a 30mph skid...drivers are retarded
not just on bicycles, but happens to me on my motorcycle constantly as well.

Put your best foot forward :D

I wear these :

the foot doesn't just go forward, it also puts a nice dent in the cage dnut

edit: and on that note - ATGATT. Live by it.

Jul 22, 2008
Northglenn,Colorado
So many times I'll simply just stop right on my tracks because I see a driver looking the other way for traffic. Then they see me when their vehicle is already in my way and they get this startled look I just shake my head.

stv1jzgte

Feb 11, 2009
australia
not just on bicycles, but happens to me on my motorcycle constantly as well.

Put your best foot forward :D

I wear these :

the foot doesn't just go forward, it also puts a nice dent in the cage dnut

edit: and on that note - ATGATT. Live by it.

Ok im slow i just found out what dilligaf means does ATGATT mean?

Edit haha All the gear all the time.... i love google.

Last edited by a moderator:

noco

Sep 9, 2009
fort collins colorado
how many of us have been hurt due to other peoples faults??? i separated my shoulder and skinned the left side of my body(at about 30mph) this spring...ouch...it was my own fault...ouch...you can blame others but the only one that can stop your injury is you...be carefull...a turn signal doesnt mean anything...people are dumb

p.s.....what does dilligaf mean?

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
after many years of riding normal mtn bikes in traffic,,,
I assume that I am invisible to all other vehicles that are supposed to be sharing the road with me !!!
I see them, but, they never see me and I ride accordingly
Bill has just echoed what I've been saying for a long time; ride as if you're invisible. That's the way I ride whenever I'm in traffic. I pretend that no one can see me and whatever happens is because of that. I stay out of trouble that way because I am totally responsible for the actions of me and those around me. If they can see me, they can ignor me and I'll be in jeopardy. If they can't see me, then I'll adjust my actions based on that. Simple but effective. No one has ever pulled out in front of me because...I'm not there. Does that make sense?
Tom

butchatron

Jul 22, 2009
kentucky
sound advice. I always ride with the asumption that I am invisable to all around me. I never assume that people see me and will slow down or stop. It takes a while longer to get were I'm going, but at least I get there!

daledoo

Jan 16, 2010
West Palm Beach
Oh yes. A long time ago, I had a regular moped. I had to lay it down once, but was slowed down and not hurt, barely falling, and cought myself.
I was always riding on the back streets, and not much cars. It is easy to get comlacent thinking not to be cautious, but be cautious even when there are no cars. The lady was just moving at a stop sign, when I hit the brakes, and stopped before hitting her fender, then continued to my aunts house.

exavid

Dec 12, 2009
Medford, OR
You are invisible on two wheels. You'd think that a bike as big as a red Goldwing with a flashing headlight modulator would be something that anyone would notice but there have been many times I've had to take evasive maneuvers because someone in a cage didn't see me. So what's my chances on my motorbike? Stay alert because they're all out to kill you.

Aug 23, 2009
British Columbia
This is one of the best threads I've come across yet. I've always thought when I ride, "I hope other riders think like me when they ride, these streets are deadly!" Here's my history...

I am 28, never had my license, always have ridden bicycles.
I've owned or built over 50 bicycles in my lifetime.
Almost every bike I've owned, I've painted and made "original"
Almost every bike I've owned, has been stolen from me. (Bike theft is common here)
I have been hit, but not seriously injured, by 8 cars in my lifetime.
5 of those cars, I was on a bicycle. (pedal)

Then I discovered engines.

As of yet, I have not had a "car" accident with these motorbicycles. I have however, bailed a corner at 45km/h, laid her down on some black ice another time, hit a HUGE tire on a corner behind a skating rink, and flew like a bird...

All I can say is I have to see me for the other people. Ride like you're invisible, is probably the best way to put it. One good crash with one of these motorbicycles is enough to kill you, or paralyze you, or cause a whole lifetime of future pain and suffering. It happens so quick. It can happen any time, in any way. I was rippin along at 50km/h with a Black Stallion 70cc from Gasbike.net, broken in, but barely, the piston seized and the chain instantly snapped. It was a #415 chain. I now use #41, so I'm lucky that I had the smaller chain at the time. If I didn't, the #41 chain would have held, the back tire would have seized, and I would have been over the handlebars, soaring at a flight speed of about 50km/h! There was a car just about to pass on my left when the piston seized. I would have been at that car's mercy should the worst have happened.

This is why I say this is the best thread I think I've seen here. This thread should be posted front and center, right above the chat box on the home page. Lol. It is so important to pay close attention out there, and predict the unpredictable. Drivers are idiots, we have to be smart for them.

Good call on the thread!
Keep em rubber side down my friends! :)

Attachments

the new ausped

Feb 10, 2010
australia
lol i spose u could calll this mean but 1 of my handlebar grips is a bit busted and i always have a coin in there if a car cuts me of they get a nice scratch on there boot, 1 day a guy got out of his car after i put a nice long stratch on it, only then did he relise that i had a motor on my bike and that he couldnt run 25mph lol

there are cops after me in this town with the 200watt power limit and all i swear i can smell a policeman before i see one