over 120 miles today out to the desert.

GoldenMotor.com

the_edge150

Dealer
Aug 21, 2008
Monrovia,CA
today, at about 5:30 this morning i set off on a mission. i wanted to do a long ride, because i did a complete overhaul of my falcon. i took off on foothill blvd (route 66) all the way to yucaipa, which is about 70 miles from my house,stopped for lunch at a relative's house to visit by surprise,then rode back had to stop for gas 3 times, my camera fell off and is dead now(had it zip tied to the bike and recording most of the way), and got back at about 7, then i tok a loooooooooonnnnnnnggggggggg nap :D it was a very rewarding ride, everything held up in one piece, and got up to about 43-45 at points, then as slow as 15-20 for some areas. only bad part is, my hands are as sore as can be, because the way my bike is set up, i ride lying down sort of. i will post pics later .wee.

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
NICE!!!

I want to do something similar, perhaps a camping trip though. Was it a planned route or didja just wander?

I've the same problem with my hands getting tired & sore, I've these silly fingerless gloves and they seem to help a bit. I'm hoping to replace the grips with something more comfortable - but I haven't found a set I liked yet.

Oh and BTW - how can you post an epic tale like that w/o pics? for shame...

:D

the_edge150

Dealer
Aug 21, 2008
Monrovia,CA
i took off without plan, just wanted to get some serious miles in. i have my motorcycle gloves, but i just went as basic as possible, except for the fact i used my full face helmet. (big mistake). i'm trying to get the pics out of my camera, but every time i go to transfer out of it, it gives me a I/O device error.i guess i have to do the trip again sometime to take some pics :D

the_edge150

Dealer
Aug 21, 2008
Monrovia,CA
that is what is giving me the I/O device error. my problem is that the card that i had in there is one of those Compact flash Hard drives, and when it fell, it hit hard. i think i was doing at least 35 when i went over the bump that finally made me lose the camera mount (zip ties and tripod swivel mount)

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
Blarg - that sucks... and here I was about to do the same thing w/my cam & tripod...

heh - I'll no doubt do it anyway, I have been warned ;)

DOC BOLM

Aug 21, 2008
Mississippi
Hi guys I solved the sore hands problem with a aftermarket harley grip i had laying around.They have a cruse controll lever built in them.HD

the_edge150

Dealer
Aug 21, 2008
Monrovia,CA
i'm thinking of going to the local motorcycle shop, and getting the squuuisssshhhhhiiiieeeeesssssttt grips they sell. the posture that i have to sit in on my bike is the main problem though. but anything i can do to help it i will.