Scooter idea

GoldenMotor.com

rocksalt27

Oct 24, 2013
Portland, ME
I have a plan to purchase a Razor E300 for myself and add my own battery. It comes stock with a 24 volt system (2 12-volts). I want to add a big deep cycle to it in order to add reserve capacity. What do you guys think?

Eventually I also want to strap a two-stroke on there-but one thing at a time.

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Deep cycle batteries (like car batteries) provide a lot of amps for a short period of time.
You need the discharge to last longer on an e-scooter or e-bike.
You could wire in parallel two additional 12v batteries to increase range (and weight).
You can add a 24v lipo battery pack for longer range but they cost big bucks.

rocksalt27

Oct 24, 2013
Portland, ME
Deep cycle batteries (like car batteries) provide a lot of amps for a short period of time.
You need the discharge to last longer on an e-scooter or e-bike.
You could wire in parallel two additional 12v batteries to increase range (and weight).
You can add a 24v lipo battery pack for longer range but they cost big bucks.
I was thinking of wiring the large battery in parallel to both stock batteries. Would that work? What about just wiring it to one?

The reason I was considering a deep cycle is because regular batteries don't like to sit without a full charge. Are you saying deep cycles have less storage cap as far as amp hours/watt hours? Or would it just push too much at once?

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
I have seen some e-scoots on endless-sphere.com where the owner added more batteries on the deck and placed another deck on top of them for more battery capacity.