this weekends event may be of interest

google: born free motorcycle 2014????

pretty good fun

buba

Jul 2, 2010
los angeles
Mike --thanks for clarifying --my computer ineptitude

Was a blast--

ccc and grebes rode their bikes into the site and they were drawing a lot of attention

must have been well over 1000 rides mostly Harley but a good number of triumphs,
vintage Indians, *** bikes to die for

you name it -it was there along with rock'in bands, food and plenty of tattoos

all sensational--continues tomorrow sunday!!!!

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
Mike --thanks for clarifying --my computer ineptitude

Was a blast--

ccc and grebes rode their bikes into the site and they were drawing a lot of attention

must have been well over 1000 rides mostly Harley but a good number of triumphs,
vintage Indians, *** bikes to die for

you name it -it was there along with rock'in bands, food and plenty of tattoos

all sensational--continues tomorrow sunday!!!!
I missed yet another event. The story of my life. Sigh. :(

buba

Jul 2, 2010
los angeles
mike et al.

youtube born free 6 there are already some pretty impressive videos posted!!

got my chop'em up weld'em up blood boiling again!!!!?????

ride safe

Last edited:

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
I had a great time, rode ten miles into the event. At one point the radar sign said "slow down" we were way past 50 mph. Lots of killer bikes and hot chicks....

Attachments

dmb

Dec 4, 2010
lakewood ca
missed you guys, i hung out with the girl with the pasties, iceman would have been proud of me! i sure was...

Gbrebes

Jul 16, 2010
Los angeles
Here's some photos I took. I mostly got shots of the older bikes. There were a whole lot of choppers there, I didn't get many shots of those.

I especially enjoyed the "Suavecito" bike. And a home made bike that I forgot to take pictures of. Here is a link.

Attachments

Gbrebes

Jul 16, 2010
Los angeles
Still more pics, the second and third pics are a super cool Excelsior with a disk brake in the back. Says it went on the cannonball run. The fourth and fifth pictures are a ratty old indian with a corvair engine stuffed into it.

Attachments

Last edited:

dmb

Dec 4, 2010
lakewood ca
took a walk back in time to the 70's when the great western, LA/LB sports arena ect. shows of yesteryear's. nice to see friendly people instead of the wantabe thugs of today's shows. not withstanding the $500 clutch and brake levers for sale that will be on the $1 table in 10 years

Gbrebes

Jul 16, 2010
Los angeles
Still more pics of the show. The first one is a pretty neat dual engine drag bike, held some records in the '70's, I think.

The last photo is a Koslow motorcycle built, or rebuilt?, by Shinsuke Takizawa and Toshiyuki Osawa. Look up Andy Koslow.

Attachments

Gbrebes

Jul 16, 2010
Los angeles
Final batch of pictures. First pic is a home-made bike that was very far from being finished, but it looks cool to me. I especially liked the twisted leaf spring front end. That leaf spring had to get pretty hot to bend like that!

The last three are a really nice Harley, what year I don't know. I like how the oil tank is not in its usual place, the fuel tank was split in two with gas in one compartment and oil in the other.

Had a great time, big thanks to CCC for the ride down and hanging out. Sorry I didn't get to see you Dennis.

Attachments