What is more wanted a Mountainbike MB or Beach Cruiser MB?

GoldenMotor.com

outlawbiker

Mar 15, 2009
Chicago NW Suburbs
Hi, i have an extra 2 stroke kit im going to be putting on a bike and selling with hopes of getting a small Mb shop going to help other people near me. I'd like to know what style bike are more people interested in so i can make a quick sale. I dont have alot of money to throw into a bike,so its gonna be a god awful walmart bike build for now,till i can start affording better bikes and parts,but we got to start some where right?

Mountainbike builds or Beach Cruisers?

thx for any thoughts to help me find the right frame to start with.

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
7-speed walmart cruisers ($180 or so) are really comfortable to ride

new customers sometimes don't realize that tho & buy something cheaper (walmart mtn $80 or so)

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
The way it works......whichever you decide to build, you'll have more people want the one you didn't build! So, build the one you want to build!

Good luck with your endeavors!!

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
I agree. Build what YOU like and let the bike sell itself.
Trying to anticipate what the public wants is useless so build something you won't mind keeping awhile if it doesn't sell right away.

BobbyT

Mar 16, 2014
Santa Maria ca.
If you don't want to spend a lot then I would suggest a 26" RoadMaster from Wallyworld for $80. The motor mount's real easy, you'll have front shocks and brake. Smooth ride on the cheap! Good advise from other member's. People allways want what you didn't build when your trying to make a buck.:-||

outlawbiker

Mar 15, 2009
Chicago NW Suburbs
If you don't want to spend a lot then I would suggest a 26" RoadMaster from Wallyworld for $80. The motor mount's real easy, you'll have front shocks and brake. Smooth ride on the cheap! Good advise from other member's. People allways want what you didn't build when your trying to make a buck.:-||
i was looking at that one,for 80 bucks its packed with alot of nice stuff,but the downtube isnt round,its a weird teardrop shape with with the most extreme angle being at the top of the tube where the front mount would meet with it.

Now, i could try to drill thru it, with the included mount from my GT-5 kit, but i dont know if i can drill that angle straight.

thank you for the input, it can be done im sure,but i dont know if i have the the right stuff to do it.

greaser_monkey_87

Mar 30, 2014
USA
Drilling through the frame is not a good idea. Get a universal adapter mount and you will eliminate the risk of damaging a frame and body parts.

BobbyT

Mar 16, 2014
Santa Maria ca.
Listen to greaser monkey don't drill the frame.
Get a 3"x1/4" square piece of steel or alluminum and a longer u-bolt. Drill holes for motor mount and u-bolt, The plate will help you position your motor. The u-bolt slips under the shifter cables with no problem.

Citi-sporter

Jun 16, 2014
North Bend, Or,
Frame drilling is really bad, especially with aluminum tubing as the holes should be radiused, don't weaken the one thing holding most of those disparate bits together.

I prefer old school, quality 1980's MTB framed bikes because of the more traditional diamond frame shape, and that they generally used a good quality, if not slightly heavier gauge and thickness cro-moly tubing. Most came with cantilever studs although some did experiment with U-brakes and Cam-brakes.