Replace youre e-hub nuts with car lug nuts

GoldenMotor.com

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
I've come to the conclusion that Chinese made nuts are only slighter harder than aluminum. I replaced my Crystalyte HS3540 nuts with Ford Explorer lug nuts after my Chinese nuts threads literally fell off onto my axle a little bit at a time until the nut would simply slide on and off the axle like a washer! Riding with Chinese nuts is just plain nuts. I could feel my nuts loosening as I rode my bike before I replaced them.

Replace your nuts while you and your bike is still in one piece.

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
I have had no problem with the axle nuts on my Magic Pie 2 or 3. I check tightness from time to time and they do not move.

I'm gonna leave mine alone.

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
I have had no problem with the axle nuts on my Magic Pie 2 or 3. I check tightness from time to time and they do not move.

I'm gonna leave mine alone.
Don't mess with them unless you have to. I had to remove my wheel a few times for various reasons and each time I did I found metal filings on the axle. I can now put my Chinese nuts on like theyre washers. No turning required. LOL

kevyleven007

Sep 25, 2008
texas
I found one in the road one time and put it on the right side of my gm front hub so i had 2 nuts on that side.held it onlaff

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
I found one in the road one time and put it on the right side of my gm front hub so i had 2 nuts on that side.held it onlaff
I only use automobile lug nuts from now on. If you rarely if ever take your wheels of then the China nuts are fine. I spent about $5 total on my Ford Explorer nuts and I crank down on them with no fear of stripping them out. LOL

bikeslob

Jul 31, 2013
Gresham, Oregon
So the thread works on auto nuts?
We were wondering what the thread is on those nuts.
The guy building my torque arm thinks 14 x 1.5.

I'm planning on using aircraft nuts, if I can catch the place open.

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
Ford Explorer Lug Nuts to be exact. I think you got the size right as well. I found the lug nut idea online somewhere and they work great for me.

bikeslob

Jul 31, 2013
Gresham, Oregon
Thanks! We might be grinding the nut down a little, so we want the toughest one.
Torque arm on this mt bike might take up too much axle. hope not

Last edited:

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
Thanks! We might be grinding the nut down a little, so we want the toughest one.
Torque are on this mt bike might take up too much axle. hope not
Any nut or bolt Made in China will eventually fail, strip, or snap in two at the head. It's only matter of time when it will happen. I don't know what kind of metal they use but I'm guessing it has a lot a crap mixed in with it. LMAO