New section 4-stroke

GoldenMotor.com

MotorbikeMike

Dealer
Dec 29, 2007
Sacramento
Hello, I wouild like to suggest a new Topic area, or whatever it's called for the 4-stroke engines.

4-stroke technology is entirely different than the 2-strokes. This country will demand 4-strokes sometime, maybe soon. Any non-believers, please list for me the new Suzuki, Yamaha, and Kawasaki 2-stroke street bikes. While you are at it, where are Montessa, Ossa, Bultaco, Husquevarna, Bridgestone, CZ, MZ, contessa, Jawa and other great 2-stroke bikes?

I will soon be announcing a NEW 4-stroke in-frame 49cc "World-Legal" kit. I think it will be a lot easier for all if the 4-strokes have a little area of thier own.

Thanks for your consideration,

Mike

thatsdax

Feb 22, 2008
www.thatsdax.com
There are plenty of new 2 strokes motorcycles for sale. Even for the Street. Go to your local dealer and you will find all the 2009 Street Scooters and motorcycles are all 2 strokes new for 2009 and 2010. Typically 150cc and smaller. Makers such as Benelli, Schwinn, Yamaha, Suzuki, Kaw, and more are all 2 strokes. For dirt bikes. KTM, Kaw, Husky, and others also have many new 2 strokes for 2009 and 2010. Also, for Boats, both Evenrude and Mercury have all new 2 stroke out board motors for 2009 and 2010. What I have found is that once you get a larger motor than 300cc they then cross over to all 4 strokes. Except for boat motors. These boat motors are very large and very powerful multi cylinder 2 stroke motors. That is what it seems to be anyway. There might be some larger 2 strokes than that in the 2 wheel area but I have not seen them. There are of course 2 stroke truck motors and more. But.. I think the subject of the started thread dealt with 2 wheels. So.. It would seem that the future for 2 stokes is very bright. My Guess is that larger motorcycles will not go to 2 strokes because of the power is too high. If you follow GP motor cycle racing, you will see that they are still all 2 stroke motorcycles. The 125cc bikes and 250cc GP bikes will approach 200mph. A 4 stroke engine to produce these speeds and power are in super bike racing and these are 1 liter bikes and larger if they are twins such as Ducati.

Anyway.. My feeling was that in this thread that was started was that the death of the 2 stroke is on the way. This is not true. As a matter of fact, just the opposite is true. And.. BTY. I sell and love both 2 and 4 strokes. To frown on one because of the number of strokes it makes, makes no sense at all. One makes power on every stroke, the other makes power on every other stroke. Enjoy the ride....

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
Well death of the 2 stroke engine B.S. aside, it might not be a bad idea. They did start a section for alternate engines and it seems to do right/ Well except that one guy seems to hog all the space.

Might just as well have one for 4 stroke even though I personally have no use for them. There should be room for everyone here. If someone only has an interest in 4 strokes (some have said that) then it will be easy for them to find the information. Just have to find people with enough interest to keep the section lively.

MotorbikeMike

Dealer
Dec 29, 2007
Sacramento
HI MikeBike, we are currently using HS 49cc copy of GX50 Honda, and I am also testing the Honda.

We are very pleased with the results, and are gearing up to produce the transmissions here in CA. which is a complete change from the typical 2-stroke kit operations.

We will continue to improve the product, always looking both forward and behind. That is to say, while we look forward to improvements, we are striving to maintain backward compatability for our product line.

We are looking into other engines also, but we do like the Honda and equivelent.

We will be developing a Dealer Network very soon, PM me if you might be interested in more information.

Mike

MotorbikeMike

Dealer
Dec 29, 2007
Sacramento
Hey, Deacon, MikeBike, and Youngbird I still think a 4-stroke area is a good idea. The power bands, and tuning/customizing o the 4-stroke is completely different than the 2-stroke, AND the 4 stroke engine CAN be way more fuel efficient, I am in touch with a Prototype bike that is doing 30-42 MPH and getting 180 MPG or so.

This in mind, don't others wish to get to know how this can be possible? I still maintain that the 4-stroke technology is far different, and the interest levels seperate from 2-stroke.

Mike

mabman

Oct 4, 2008
In the wind
I agree that a 4 stroke section would be a good idea. I'll throw in that the HS takes 8 oz. of oil! 4 changes to the quart so go ahead and splurge, get the good stuff!

Hot Dog Piggy Tails

Sep 11, 2008
Kelso Wa
As I talk Nantong Jiali and am good friends with thier cross seas marketer and communicate through him also with thier Engineers. I can tell you the hua sheng shan is being over hauled and the latest 4 stroke kit I got from him on a two stroke pallet was great. Furthermore Ive (SpeedSters) got invited to an unveiling of the 2010 (Nantong Jiali) factory offerings showcase. and the kit is also being upgraded.

Last edited: