Runs ok but won't stay running when idle with clutch pulled in

GoldenMotor.com

Blake84

Jul 15, 2011
miracle mile los angeles
Just fired up engine for first time. I can't get the bike to accelorate smoothly. It feels like it accelerates sluggish and relativly slow. That is problem number one

Problem two after riding for awhile I come to a stop sign and I pull the clutch in and can't come to a stop and keep the engine running. It stalls out.

ANY HELP WOULD BE AWSOME.

draw

Jul 14, 2011
quesnel bc canada
Did you try adjusting clutch, undo cable clamp at clutch rod on motor and pull a bit more cable thru so when lever on handlebar is squeezed clutch dis-engages more!

leadfarmer

Sep 30, 2011
VA
It sounds like you need to turn up your idle. If you have an NT carb, you can tell because the choke is on the side of the carb, the idle screw is on the other side. Turn it clockwise to raise your idle.
If you have a CNS carb, I don't know, get an NT:)

Blake84

Jul 15, 2011
miracle mile los angeles
Im didn't try that I tried reaching down with clutch in and trying to push lever open more. I'm going to tinker with it some more. What would make it accelorate more not sluggish ?

fastfingas

Dec 25, 2011
New Orleans
makes sense what Draw said ,the clutch isn't disengaging all the way when you pull the lever so it's still pulling and you cut back on the gas cause you want to stop, so the motor stalls out ???

Rocky_Motor

Nov 14, 2011
Fort Collins & Boulder
Just gotta be sure.. But you are turning the choke off after it runs for say a minute right? I think a potentially good way to test for the clutch being engaged still after pulling the lever in is to lift the back end up with the wheel. If the wheel is spinning from the engine then you'll probably have to adjust the clutch plate thing.

ocho ninja

Jan 14, 2012
San Jose, CA
I had the same issue once, turns out I didn't cap off the white wire and it was making contact with the frame causing it to turn off at stops and slow acceleration.

I'm a little new here, so my suggestion probably doesn't have that much credibility lol