Morini Spark Plug

GoldenMotor.com

cory151

Oct 19, 2010
SoCal
Hey gang,

Some how I managed to partially foul out the Champion plug on my S6s. I noticed that at high RPM WOT I was getting some bucking and missing. I searched and found this thread on plugs.

http://motorbicycling.com/f47/franco-morini-engine-sparkplug-25894.html

So I ordered two of the NGK plugs that goat recommended, my only issue is the insulator is much longer than the C53 that came with my S6s and interferes with the frame.

I checked Champions site to see if I can just get the same "C53" that came with my motor, but it says they are (C53) discontinued. It did mention, however, that the C53a can be used to replace.

Before I go buying these (local parts store doesnt carry) has anybody replaced the plug in the S6s and was the replacement the exact same size as the original? If so what plug did you use?

Thanks

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
I would try to cross reference to a hotter plug than your stock one. With winter weather I quickly switched to a NGK B8EGV and my nifty Pulse Directhit attachment placed on it. After 4 years now my first one is still working. Its the short silver model it has been attached to about 5 different plugs now.Fuel Economy Hiclone Pulstar Pulse Plugs High Performance Spark Plug KN Filters - About Direct Hits Nither of these will fit with your clearance tho.

Here is a link to your original plug.. Alternative spark plugs for CHAMP C53

Spark plug cross reference - Alternative spark plugs for CHAMPION

Here is another cross to NGK but I don't see a listing I could decipher?
Cross reference Champion to NGK page 1

http://www.autosluzby.cz/asl_katalog/asl_katalog/pdfdwnload/denso_ngk_bosch_pal_cross.pdf

This might be it ! If'n ya want a NGK? NGK Partfinder Product Cross Reference

I would still go hotter than the stock heat range on the plug I think you will like it better. With NGK the lower the index number on the part Model# the hotter the plug. Cant remember on the Campion's I thing its the opposite?

Last edited:

cory151

Oct 19, 2010
SoCal
I would try to cross reference to a hotter plug than your stock one. With winter weather I quickly switched to a NGK B8EGV and my nifty Pulse Directhit attachment placed on it. After 4 years now my first one is still working. Its the short silver model it has been attached to about 5 different plugs now.Fuel Economy Hiclone Pulstar Pulse Plugs High Performance Spark Plug KN Filters - About Direct Hits Nither of these will fit with your clearance tho.

Here is a link to your original plug.. Alternative spark plugs for CHAMP C53

Spark plug cross reference - Alternative spark plugs for CHAMPION

Here is another cross to NGK but I don't see a listing I could decipher?
Cross reference Champion to NGK page 1

http://www.autosluzby.cz/asl_katalog/asl_katalog/pdfdwnload/denso_ngk_bosch_pal_cross.pdf

This might be it ! If'n ya want a NGK? NGK Partfinder Product Cross Reference

I would still go hotter than the stock heat range on the plug I think you will like it better. With NGK the lower the index number on the part Model# the hotter the plug. Cant remember on the Campion's I thing its the opposite?

Thanks for the post, I definitely want a hotter plug, I just need to have a shorter insulator, I like NGK plugs too. Im gonna have to dive into this deeper and find one that has the same short insulator but as the C53 but is a heat range hotter. I may give NGK America a call today, Ill post up with what I find.