rear mount missing on used engine kit - need info

GoldenMotor.com

jamie7

Sep 5, 2011
ontario
Hi Folks,

The forum has been really helpful -thanks. Here's my problem: I bought a used bike engine kit (2 cycle)and the rear mount seems to be missing or broken. What I need to know is whether the rear mount bracket is integral to the engine casting or if it slides over the mounting bolts on a new kit? I can figure out how to remove the old bolts that broke off flush, but just want to know if I can weld up something to slip over the new bolts in a c-shape for the tube contact surface, or is that part of the mount supposed to be welded to the engine housing/casting?

Thanks.

Al.Fisherman

Sep 9, 2009
Calera, Alabama
Hi Folks,

The forum has been really helpful -thanks. Here's my problem: I bought a used bike engine kit (2 cycle)and the rear mount seems to be missing or broken. What I need to know is whether the rear mount bracket is integral to the engine casting or if it slides over the mounting bolts on a new kit? I can figure out how to remove the old bolts that broke off flush, but just want to know if I can weld up something to slip over the new bolts in a c-shape for the tube contact surface, or is that part of the mount supposed to be welded to the engine housing/casting?

Thanks.
The inside mount is cast to the engine case. Also there is this that will slip over the studs coming out of the engine case. As far as I know there are two size mounts.

Last edited:

jamie7

Sep 5, 2011
ontario
Thanks for your helpful replies. I drilled out and re-tapped the sheared off rear mount bolts this afternoon. Now they're 1/4 bolts which I supported with a stong piece of oak drilled at 1" and cut a half-circle to mate to the post and cut to length to get the height I wanted to mount at.

Again this forum is great - much appreciated!