Can't get any better than this.

GoldenMotor.com
Jul 22, 2008
Northglenn,Colorado
Hey guys. Sorry I've become a rare person here. Just wanna talk about my past two weeks.
I still love riding my bikes. Cronus is as good as it gets. The trike has a sprocket alignment issue. Really want to get a friction drive for it but that's later.
But with my responsibilities come less time for riding.
My son is who I want to talk about. He's about to be a dad and was looking at ways to save some money. He borrowed MOOP2 from me. My old school 2 stroke with that old 2 stroke with easily over 5 thousand miles...it's probably over 10 thousand but I don't know for sure. He blew a tire then the clutch started acting funny. Called me up,I came to the rescue and loaded it up on my truck. Then I got careless and broke the petcock on the tank. So that's shelved on the side for now.
But he got the bug.
He saved up some money. I gave Duane a call. Gave me a really good deal on one of his old bikes. It's the 4 stroke frame mount bike on his site.
Son gave me his money. I didn't tell him how much I contributed because he's proud like that. Always wanting to pay me back. C'mon son. This is just as much MY joy as it is yours.
He loves that bike. Duane,thank you. Once again.
So the other day he takes it to work about 10 miles I would say. No problems. He's really lite as it is so even on steep hills he can go 25 mph with some pedaling even though he can just barely keep up in high gear. And all bike trails too.
On the way home though the bike trail really freaked him out.
No lights on the trail. He did get a halogen headlight at Wal Mart. But still really spooky for he gets off of work at 10:00 pm and takes him about an hour to get home. Then he tells me as he went under an underpass this lady dressed in all white appears out of nowhere. After he passes her he guns it.
He's at work right now. He googled a more lit up route. Hopefully he figured out how to cross that major highway without taking the trail. I kinda hate it though that he's driving with cars at night even though that bike has a strong flashing red light in back as well as a headlight.
He'll be alright. I told him how cars can"t see him. He's extra careful.
You know,it's not always a common thing for your kids to like the same things as you. Most of the time they think you have gone crazy. But my son is finally experiencing what this fuss is all about.
Can't get any better than this.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Neat story, Large.
Tell your son I think I've seen that lady in white...she tends to hang out on bike trails at night...:)
When are we gonna go riding? I have 4 of these things down here and no one to ride with...Duane's always too busy selling stuff. He has my number. Give him a call and let's get together before the snow flies.
Tom

Jul 22, 2008
Northglenn,Colorado
I'm kicking myself cause I was just over there at Duanes a few days ago.
I've actually been so busy.
I live in Northglenn and we took Federal back from Duane's and when you do that it doesn't seem all that far away. It seems a lot farther when you take Santa Fe.
2door. One day we'll do this.
I just don't know when!
That lady in white really scared him. It was by the I-76 underpass.
I tell ya if there's a cross or something by there he may never ride that trail again!

Kevlarr

Jul 22, 2009
Mi
Tell your son that next time head right for the lady in white, if she screams and jumps out of the way he has nothing to worry about. If she doesn't move and he rides right through her it might be time to find another trail. :D

GoFastBicycles

Jul 29, 2008
West Point PA.
Post something about seeing a lady in white on craigslist under bikes don't give the location just the trail you might be surprised what you come up with.

Adam