First ride first wreck..God so exciting!!

GoldenMotor.com

vwine

Jan 27, 2010
germany
.duh.I was on my way to work this morning, and was riding my sweet 50 cc china motor at about 24 mph.
I was on a slight downslope, so i pulled my clutch in to ride it down the hill. I let off my clutch right in a patch of Black Ice..( Stationed in Germany ) my rear wheel went ahead of me, and I put my leg out to break the fall on the road. I layed my bike down barely.. no damage, But there was a car about 75 ft behind me. (kinda embarassing) So I just stood up did a 360 degree off bike burnout and took off.. hahahaha. At least I gave them something to talk about for the rest of the day. My bike isn't common around here, But I will be making it a big thing for sure. Owning and Operating a car here in Germany can be expensive... I will be introducing people to the next best thing... (or best in my book
)........duh. BY THE WAY.. ARE THEIR PLANS FOR BUILDING A TRAILER??

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
!6" kids bike for wheels. Some serious I beams from the hardware store. Bolts lock tight and some imagination. Unless you have access to a welder in which case forget the lock tight.

http://tinypic.com/r/34j57j4/6 It looks as thought he links aren't working today.

Simplest I know of. Build for what you plan to carry. Weight of the load. You can put the tongue on either side of the trailer hook it to the frame low near the axle. I often use a shelf brace heavy duty and hang it from the axle and then bolt the trailer tongue to it. Just depends on your bike arrangement. Hacksaw off the excess so it doesn't bite you. Lately I have been using a plastic milk carton as a body for it.

I don't remember laying down my gas bike but I have laid down the ebikes a bunch. Good luck and spread the word.

ps: thanks for being there for us, I hope we can be there for you later.

Last edited:

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Welcome to the forum. Glad you didn't get hurt and good to have someone from Germany on the forum. You have a history there of great engineering... how about a nice German 2 stroke engine? Tell us about your bike and post a picture when you can.
SB

Elmo

Sep 3, 2009
Mississippi
Welcome to the crazy house. Hope you enjoy your time here. What branch of service are you in. Black ice is treacherous, can't see it but sure can feel it. Pulling trailers across country in the winter i have encountered my share of it.

vwine

Jan 27, 2010
germany
These bikes have got to be 100% illegal in Germany. Not trying to scare you, just be on the look out!

Glad you weren't hurt, that's for sure.
Scooters are VERY common, but not motorbicycles.
You may be right, I could go ask, but I dont want to ride around knowing its illegal. haha
But I do know one thing, On post I can ride legally. (ON POST) Polizie are VERY easy on americans when it comes to making mistakes.. They like us as long as i stay within 30 min of post.
Because americans have their ways, and germans have theirs. I wouldnt venture from post too far any ways. AS LONG AS IM NOT DRUNK. i should be good. .flg.usflg

Pablo

Master Bike Builder & Forum Sponsor
Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com
Sounds like a plan.

Sure road legal scooters are. All I know is that I've had more than one German read me the riot act how illegal the Chinese bike kits are in Germany. We sell some to Germany. Most all for electric bikes.

vwine

Jan 27, 2010
germany
Sounds like a plan.

Sure road legal scooters are. All I know is that I've had more than one German read me the riot act how illegal the Chinese bike kits are in Germany. We sell some to Germany. Most all for electric bikes.

Germans would buy the electric ones lol. Well like I said, Im just an american.. I dont know any better.. Today was my first day officially riding my bike, not counting intial breakin.
I am on a 24 hour shift that ends at 0900. I cannot wait to get off work to ride somemore. I don't want to work on my nissan xterra or old bmw anymore haha, just my bike.. weird huh.xct2