Rare Whizzer Service Pick Up?

GoldenMotor.com

HoughMade

Apr 15, 2008
Valparaiso, IN
Whizzer Service Pick Up Kick Start Motor Cycle / Paper - eBay (item 330362224846 end time Oct-22-09 16:30:30 PDT)

I am no Whizzer expert, but I have never heard of this. Here are some quotes from the listing:

You are looking at a Whizzer Service Pickup.It is the Rarest Whizzers out there. They only made a hand full of these back in the 1950's
When I bought the chassis I thought I was buying a Whizzer Sportsman with a homemade rack on the back but later found out it was a factory built purpose built Whizzer from the factory for service station mechanics. Value on this bike 1 1/2 years ago would have been $6,000 to $12,000 depending on condition and accessory's included. I figure base value is $2000 for the rolling chassis and Kick Start engines when you can locate them are worth in the $1500 range. The real bonus is that I purchased a Title and Kick Start case with matching numbers a couple years back from Pennsylvania and since this style Whizzer has no pedals it is considered a MotorCycle rather than a Moped in the DMV's eye.
So- is this guy realistic at over $3500?????

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Maybe if it was all original, and not a re=spray, ect.
Still, I would never pay that kind of money for a wizzer.

Kevlarr

Jul 22, 2009
Mi
Maybe the guy thinks that rare automatically makes something super valuable.

If he hadn't run his bills up so high he might be interested in my rare Yugo. lol