Motorized Bike Parts

GoldenMotor.com

EddieB

Aug 4, 2009
MO
I need some help finding component parts for the rear hub on my Cranbrook. I built a motorized bike with a kit from DAX..Their service was great, pricing fair and I intend to buy more product from them. My grandson has been the "pilot" on this motorbike. We had no problems the first 25 miles or so but then the bicycle hub components didn't hold up. The axel got tweaked a little(it bent) and bearings fried. I called HUFFY for replacement parts to rebuild the coaster brake assembly and the parts dept said they do not sell individual components..but they will sell me a complete rear wheel assembly for $27 plus $8 shipping. I have looked for the parts I need at the local bike shops and on the internet. Can't find any source for repair parts. Does any one know of a Huffy component parts supplier?.........

Ty,
EddieB

Tcams

Oct 18, 2009
Tucson, ZonieLand
The huffy crannbrook was my first build as well. Before I put the the motor on it I cleaned and re-greased both front and rear hubs because these bikes were not ment to go 25-30 mph. If anything I suggest getting a whole new rear wheel from husky or another supplier like usabikes.com

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
the rear hubs on the Cranbrooks are notorious for problems. i've read about the spoke flanges cracking, and even seperating from the hub.

in my opinion, upgrading the whole wheel is the way to go, but don't go the "Huffy" way.

you can buy a new Weinmann alloy wheel with thicker, 12 gauge stainless spokes, and a shimano coaster brake hub for under $40 from Weinmann DH-39 Alloy HD Rear Wheel Coaster Brake 26" / 36H 12G SS Black/Black

i've had a few of these, and they're ten times the quality of the stock Huffy wheel.

(edit) i have about 1200 miles on a Shimano Hub, most of that at full throttle. besides regreasing it once or twice (just because i like to,) i've had no problems with it.

Last edited: