Electric Cargo Bike Build

GoldenMotor.com

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Thanks for the coupling suggestion. Brain fart with thinking your bike was a trike, mixing up my threads as I try to put this hybrid trike build together in my head. Yes, 24" is too narrow. Sounds like 30 is pretty minimal. I do not want to tip over...ouch.
SB

cannonball2

Oct 28, 2010
Colonial Coast USA.
Here is the typical load I carry with the cargo bike. Am heading out for a day of yard work at my rental house. Havent lashed it all down yet. Amazingly this load only draws around 8amps at cruise, thank goodness for life in the flats! Trailer was built for around $20 from recycled materials. Much easier than hooking up the big trailer to My Honda. You cant be timid about commanding a lane though, I stay off the main roads when loaded like this.

Attachments

Mannhouse51

Jun 2, 2011
West Michigan
Right On Cannonball2 ! I love seeing a work bike. Awesome way to save some $$ on gas and still have a little fun to and from the job. Any handling problems or stopping problems when your loaded like that?

lowracer

Oct 17, 2008
Charleston, SC
CB2,
Your builds are awesome & this one equally so.
I really appreciated your extended wheelbase idea, making '2High' a better handling bike.
I even have another project planned for such an application. A no-weld stretch beach type cruiser w/ 2 seats.
Keep'em coming...
-Low-

cannonball2

Oct 28, 2010
Colonial Coast USA.
Thanks Yall! MH51: there are no handling issues with the bike fully loaded. You do have to remember its wider. I hit a mailbox with the big cardboard leaf box the first time out. Really gets ones attention! Pulling the trailer with the mower generates a small oscillation around 8mph which disappears by 10. It cruises very solidly at 15mph and braking is very adequate. I don't run when loaded like this much faster than 18-20. You get plenty of double takes from people along the way.

LR: Cant wait to see what you have coming next! Will be watching!