Haircuts and motorized bicycles

GoldenMotor.com

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
From Fall till Spring I do not get my hair cut. Light around the ears now and then, but no real cutting of the main mop. Then in the spring, I enter my short hair mode, which lasts until about august. At that point I stop getting it cut for all intents and purposes, until the next spring..

So how do I know when it is time for the spring haircut? Why when I can ride my motorized bicycle three days in a row. That was Sunday, so yesterday my wife took the old sheep sheers to my hair. Yesterday I began the day looking like a refugee from Woodstock, but by the time the sunset I look like a marine recruit. I will look like an old man with a buzz cut, off and on, until about August. At which point the cycle of hair life begins again.

Who said the motorized bicycle serves no real purpose, it is my spring calendar. Forget the sound of tweeting birds and the sight of budding trees, it's the sound and sight of my smoking motor bike that welcomes in spring in my neighborhood,

Last edited:

Mac

Dec 3, 2009
Maine
Re: Haircuts and MB

Any Pictures?? I'm sure we'd all appreciate them!! LOL

Mac

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california

i've been going to the same barber for at least 15 years. i moved 20 miles away a little over 2 years ago, and since my car had been stolen, lost my job, and whatever else life likes to chuck into your way, i figured i had to find another barber.

one of the first thoughts i had after building my first bike was "if this thing doesn't fall apart, now i can finally get a good haircut..."

i think it was two or three days after building that bike that i trusted it enough to make the 40+ round trip, and it handled it no probs.

now it's just a regular thing to take off on my bike and go get a haircut. the funny thing, though, is i used to be one of those guys who always had to have the perfect hair. not perfect in the sense of a ton of gel and no hair out of place, but i had a certain look, and i'd get bummed if my hair wasn't cooperating that day.

now that i wear a helmet every day and it always looks like crap when i take it off, i don't obsess over my hair anymore. and no one seems to notice...

hiker472

Nov 6, 2008
Ontonagon County,Upper Michigan

Someday I'm going to finally go to a barber for a change. Somewhere along the line, years ago, I started cutting my own hair and have been doing it ever since. I just cut it when I get tired of it, but sometimes I think it sure would be nice just to have someone else do it for a change.

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina

My wife cuts mine all the time. All i have to do is to endure the pain. I think she does that on purpose so I won't want it done too often

joabthebugman

Jun 21, 2010
ocoee fla

I shave my head on Jan1rst and July 4th every year
No haircuts in between unless the boss starts yelling

I used to shave on the same schedule but , again, the boss has other standards

When I was trapping the grizzly Adams look went over well as a pest copntrol tech that is asking people to let me come in it doesn't work so well

corgi1

Aug 13, 2009
KCMO

I got electric klippers and when it tickles my ears its time to shear it,maybe 3-4 times a year

Buzzard

Jul 9, 2008
Lincoln, NE

I haven't been in a barber shop since 1979, LadyG keeps me trimmed around the edges. She used to do dead peoples hair so she has some experience at it. It's getting a little thin on top but the rest I wear in a pony tail to my waist. When I get some flack from somebody I ask if they got a problem with that, most of the time they back off. I don't want to talk about the other times. When I'm working around machinery i keep it rolled up under my hat. Sometimes its braided, a dorag or a head band keeps it out of my face. Feels good when I'm riding into the wind.
buzzard
Proud Member of the 20mph Club