Choosing a Road Bike to Motorize

GoldenMotor.com

boxcar

Dec 18, 2014
Astoria OR
I would love to be a fly on the wall in the tech tent when they see your bike.
If you are going to run trick fuel in a CG, you might just want to send the engine out and have it cryo'd. Otherwise I am afraid it will explode....

Dec 11, 2014
Tucson
Ha ha I know, I have thought of that. The bottom end is pretty proven with this kind of power and more actually. But they are doing it with Moped top ends. I have the silly notion of doing it with the Chinese cylinder. It looks like Bert Rod is sleaving the Chinese cylinder and I believe the radar on video of his bikes at 65mph. I am from his area in Miami actually, I grew up there and can testify that the ground there is totally flat and I don't really hear any wind to speak of so it's extremely close if nothing else. I have the pieces set up to weld on adjustable steering stops, a Suzuki factory steering dampener, and tires that should all pass tech. There are some pretty wild special construction bikes out there running incredible speeds. I am hopefully going to get thru tech without too much issue. The other racing I have done was a little easier with tech and clear rules but judging from other record holding bikes I should be good.