Cheap Material for your Girl

GoldenMotor.com

Nashville Kat

Apr 20, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
Speaking of cheap things- here's a nifty little "muffler hanger" I got at Lowe's- actually this one will tether my PVC outdoor TV antanenna to the roof line-

but I measured it out and it will work for a muffler- a long poo poo or a custom cut and extended stock one, and has a lot of flex in the support-

I think I paid something like $12 dollars shipped for one of these once from a vender

at Lowes I think this was $2.25- in plumbing supplies, it's a pipe hanger

CHEAP

xct2 "A gay and his attack dog"

Attachments

Nashville Kat

Apr 20, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sports-Cycl...696?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f1500d4f0

Here's a GREAT little trunk bag- CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP from china- I got one and dragging my feet on putting on the rack- I have this alloy rack I got back in the '80's and they don't make ANYTHING as light as it anymore- I think it's going on my 50 build- and also have some old nylon Pannier bags ( but also incredibly cheap in comparison with the past, on ebay, from china $20-$25) that I can use in conjunction with the front basket and this rack trunk- that'll give me really quite a lot of storage and grocery room. And I can take them on and off as I need them.

speaking of a propane torch- they're selling these little things now:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Butane-Penc...926&pid=100011&prg=1005&rk=2&sd=181075545170&

the butane cannisters are separate- I think two for $6- don't know how well they work- found them ordering a soldering iron- and cheapest there too on ebay I think. (Got an old Pioneer 424 reciever in a thrift store for $20- it was almost 40 years ago in 1974 that I bought one new)- anyway it needs a few connections secured.

Last edited:

Trey

$50 Cruiser
Jan 17, 2013
Where cattle outnumber people 3 to 1.
I try to make everything first, use something in place of second, fab a duplicate third, and buy a part last. That might explain why I'm always tinkering and never done:) Make 'em your own, do whatever you want as long as it's safe.
This forum is a great sounding board for ideas, and source of information.

Nashville Kat- There is some discussion that might interest you on hi-fi; page 1 'for old guys only' in the tavern forum.

Wickedest1

Oct 31, 2012
connecticut
as for me ive got about 350 miles on my bike and just added an exhaust hanger made from steel plumbers tape and 2 screws with nyloc nuts...total cost about 18cents...(for the 2 nylocs)...made my own headlight from a garden accent light...has the bullet shape that is so classic and cost 5 bucks for the housing and about 2.50 for the bulb and lamp base from the shack...homemade rear tail light...etc etc...im with trey, if i can make it i will try...if i cant i will try anyways...the depot and lowes sell all kinds of material we can use to make our bikes our own...its ur bike...do it ur way