I new challenge coming.

GoldenMotor.com

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
Okay here it is. My wife and I live alone of course. I have been told I can no longer drive a car period. Not so much because I might get my self killed but because I might take a family of four with me. So I just don't do it period.

So my wife is going to go on vacation with her daughter, her husband, and kids. Mostly to babysit I'm sure. Nonetheless they will be gone for three days. It is my chance to be totally dependent on the motorbike for my every transportation need.

The first thing I have to do between now and july when this all happens is to make sure I have a strong dependable bike. Or maybe this is my excuse to have two bikes lol.

I have a very dependable Ebike, but I couldn't do more than go to the store on it. Then I would have to charge it for two hours leaving me stranded if something came up.. My gas bike has all the range and is more fun as well. It might not be as reliable, since I have always had issues with gasoline engines not starting at the worst possible times.

However between the two of them I might be okay. Anyway I'm really looking forward to this. There should be some challenges that I don't even anticipate at the moment.
Oh heck, it's six months from now anything could happen between now and then. It is still fun to try to anticipate all that might come up and how to prepare alternate methods and means to handle it.

matthurd

Dec 13, 2010
manchester NH
stock up on extra parts, if you need em they will there right then and there, no need to wait for em to be shipped to you.

and if something goes wrong and you can't figure it out, start swapping parts, eventually you'll get it no matter what :)

kerf

Jun 28, 2010
Birmingham, Al
My wife just left for Tupelo Mississippi, with her mother and sisters. Her aunt passed away yesterday and they're going for the funeral. She didn't have time to buy groceries, left me with nothing to eat. All I have on hand is a frozen pizza and a case of beer but somehow this old man will fight his way through the adversity. Guess I better gas up the bike for my usual 5AM Sunday ride.

Life's just tough for an old fellow!

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
Im thinking lots of restaurants and frozen pizza as well.

Bike parts are a good idea. I just tried to ride my ebike to get gas for my new gas bike and found the batteries were very low even off the charger. I need to find out whats up with that. That is the kind of things just irritates me to no end. Get on the bike and it won't go.

wdbtchr

Jan 31, 2008
Juneau, Ak
My wife just left for Tupelo Mississippi, with her mother and sisters. Her aunt passed away yesterday and they're going for the funeral. She didn't have time to buy groceries, left me with nothing to eat. All I have on hand is a frozen pizza and a case of beer but somehow this old man will fight his way through the adversity. Guess I better gas up the bike for my usual 5AM Sunday ride.

Life's just tough for an old fellow![/QU

Pizza and beer.....I believe that covers all major food groups. I prefer the Di Giorno's thick crust. Beer.....not fussy. :>)

skiball83

Nov 18, 2010
Chicago
Deacon it sounds like your battery pack is heading south. Ive got a Razor MX500 36v dirtbike that I picked up on clearance 4 years ago for $150. What fun exept when the battery pack is shot. No power right off the charger and it dosnt last very long. Im having the same problem again with it and I really dont want to spend the cash to get new ones. This will be bat pack replacement #2 and now they want an arm a leg and your first born for the sla pack for it. $140 plus shipping, its gonna cost more to keep it running then I paid for the stupid thing.....I should just buy a new HT and try to stuff it in there. Good luck bud.

matthurd

Dec 13, 2010
manchester NH
Deacon it sounds like your battery pack is heading south. Ive got a Razor MX500 36v dirtbike that I picked up on clearance 4 years ago for $150. What fun exept when the battery pack is shot. No power right off the charger and it dosnt last very long. Im having the same problem again with it and I really dont want to spend the cash to get new ones. This will be bat pack replacement #2 and now they want an arm a leg and your first born for the sla pack for it. $140 plus shipping, its gonna cost more to keep it running then I paid for the stupid thing.....I should just buy a new HT and try to stuff it in there. Good luck bud.
craigslist it?

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
I'm not sure about this one just yet..last night in the dark I found the that charge was unplugged again. when that happens the little light in the charger draws current from the battery pack. I plugged it in over night. I'm going to read it this morning If i don't forget.

You are right about the factory pack being expensive. I pull my generic pack in a little trailer. Even so I can get enough batteries to go more than ten miles. I really do like the gasoline engine I put on the second one. At least as long as i don't cook it. When i do, I going back with a greyhound from harbor freight I think.