grubee skyhawk.

GoldenMotor.com

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
The differences in "name brand" engines are minor - while you could run into problems with the cheapest "no name" ones just purchased willy-nilly from some random ebay seller, mostly the differences are limited to the accessories included with the engine kits.

As such - the Grubee Skyhawk is one of the better ones with nicer, slightly higher quality bits like kill switch and throttle grip, clutch cable and end, and various extra hardware like your choice of cast or stamped steel mount caps included.

What's far more important than the so-called "brand" of the engine (many are just what the dealer chooses to call their "top of the line" kit) is the distributor you get it from. Even the best of these kits are very likely to have some shipping damage and they're all made as quickly and cheaply as possible.

So you're likely going to need good customer service at some point, even if you don't - it's nice to support those whom try to help their customers. With that in mind, these are some of the very best dealerships I've come across;

ThatsDax
Spooky Tooth Cycles
BikeBerry

Whichever you choose, you'll have a blast fosho ;)

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
I sell a line of engines called the "Belchfire 3000" it is the best engine available! It has a carb! They come with a really nice colorful sticker! My gas tanks have less crud than the other guys!
I can guarantee they will last long enough to get them out of the box!!!

As Mr. Awake has stated, the only real difference is the ancillary items.