People laughing at me...maybe.

GoldenMotor.com

BrassoMan

Apr 15, 2009
Sydney, Australia
That quote is just plain funny Pablo,

But i have seen more older people get totally engaged with the idea of a motor on my bike and they ask many many more questions than a kid would. And most 15 year olds might be lazy in some areas but how is it lazy when they build a bike and then enjoy there success and ride the thing ? To me any 15 year old that built one of these bikes I would think to myself ," yup theres a future for that kid"..Way better than sitting and watching TV or playing video games...
Haha, I'm a 15 year old kid thats built one of those, I hope I have a future.

lol

Sep 4, 2008
Huntington, WV
"It is true my daughters and my wife laugh at me and my bike. It's quite sad."
My 20 year old son had been poking fun at me and my bike, then I let him ride it the other day. He came back grinning like an idiot (just like I do when I ride it) I think the laughing will subside now.

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
No one has ever laughed, honked, cut me off or waved fingers at me while I'm motoring down the road. I ride in the middle of the lane, even on the highway.

Everyone notices. I wear a motorcycle helmet, yellow raincoat, gloves, steel-toed boots, backpack w/Viet Nam cap on it, safety vest, flashing light.

I think they're shocked and amazed that this bicyclist can accelerate from the traffic stop and travel the speed limit..rd.

Drivers of tractor-trailers give me the thumbs up.

Me cheating because I pilot a twin-engined girlie bike cruiser?

Heck no, I'm an old man. Next month I start collecting Social Security checks.dance1

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
5-7, Good Morning, I`m A Bit Older Than You, Have You Posted Pic`s Of Your Twin Engine Machine? I Would Like To Have Some For My Mab Alblum. Keep It Between The Ditches! Later Buddy. Ron

Cabinfever1977

Mar 23, 2009
Upstate,NY
most rich people i meet dont like anyone thats not rich anyway,motor on bike or not.
the drivers in cars dont like people walking or bike,if they hit me,i'll have the money for a car and another bike. bike riders with spandex are too fast for me to see or talk to them,with there racing bikes.but regular people with bikes or walking seem to just look amazed at me passing them.i did have a few customers at the gas station ask me questions of what engine is it and whats the gas milage everytime i go there,they wouldnt talk to me normally if i didnt have a bike with a engine.

so in germany there not legal,o well,there not legal in half the states here,but we still have them.
in germany they get real motorcycles,well if you cant afford one here you cant afford one there either. whats the poor people using there,what are they riding donkeys?i think i'll look it up.

Last edited:

Cabinfever1977

Mar 23, 2009
Upstate,NY
o looky looky they have bikes with engines,electric bikes and mini bikes.
Adler, 1886, Germany, established in Frankfurt/Main in 1886 by Heinrich Kleyer as a bicycle-factory (nearly all motor cycle makes derived from bicycle-factories). The first Adler motor cycle had be created in 1901, at first still with French engines, which had been replaced by their own since 1903. The essential breakthrough succeeded after the Second World War. In the Fifties the Adler models had been very popular for the "Six-days-Trials" ect. But already in 1956, already part of the Grundig-Group, Adler had to get into sales-community with Hercules and Triumph, before its history ended in 1958 definitely.

they do sell electric bikes and hub motors too.
Morini_Franco_Motori_mini-bike_Germany_1

Attachments

Last edited:
Jul 22, 2008
Northglenn,Colorado
Today I had to drop something off to my daughter in High school so I took Cronus. As I was leaving the high school this girl from the smoking crowd started laughing and pointing at me. I stopped and looked at her until she realized she was the only one in the entire crowd that was laughing at me.
Then this one dude yelled "Dude. that bike is sweet."
Yea.
She was dumb.
I'm fat.

And around here anyway I feel that my MB's are many MANY times safer than a scooter can EVER be because we can go in bicycle mode at least around here I can and hit the bike trails.

Yesterday I took Cronus for a ride to the Filipino store to get some Tocino later finding a home made recipe... anyway as I was climbing this good sized hill my 48 tooth sprocket man I love this sprocket got me going up that hill at 15 to 18 mph and here comes a scooter to my left entering the road then moving over to the bike lane so no one will run him over.
And what was absolutely amazing was on this hill I actually PASSED this scooter on his left and kinda startled him.
So yes,scooters can go 35 but most like to go our speeds but they cannot veer off to the bike trails when the roads get nasty.
But I can.
And it's okay.

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
Lf, I Watched Your Video Today. Your Having To Much Fun! Lol. Looks Like You`ll Have It Finished Soon. Will Be Watching For Your Video. Did You Use The 10 Tooth Sprocket Of The Titan Kit? Later Bud. Ron

a_dam

Feb 21, 2009
Momence, IL
Germany is probably like this country and others. Motorcycles, here and there, started out a hundred years ago as motorized bicycles. But some people won't respect bikes, and show resentment or ridicule when they see a bike with a motor.
Seems like some poorer or more crowded countries have more bike riders and probably respect and tolerate them more on the road.

My experiences have been almost all good. But some people never pedalled a bike much in their lives, and probably will go the rest of their lives without ever getting on another bike (hard to imagine, ain't it?). It's no surprise that people like that might not sympathise with us.

Jul 22, 2008
Northglenn,Colorado
Lf, I Watched Your Video Today. Your Having To Much Fun! Lol. Looks Like You`ll Have It Finished Soon. Will Be Watching For Your Video. Did You Use The 10 Tooth Sprocket Of The Titan Kit? Later Bud. Ron
I should have time today to finish her off. And yes absolutely that sprocket fit on there like it was meant to be. I couldn't get the c clip on though but tightened it up with the adjusting bolt.

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
Yeah, I Odered 3 Of Those Sprockets From Dax, They Were Out Of Stock So He Refunded My Money In Full. I Wish I Could Find Them Somewhere, Prefer 10 Tooth. Ron

Last edited:

corduroylion

Sep 25, 2008
norcal
just today i was riding to work and stopped at a light with a "spandex dude". he took off trying to stay in front of me and kept looking in his back mirror trying his hardest to smoke me. i was only riding my 49cc so he accomplished just that, but wow.... macho man.

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
My experiences have been almost all good. But some people never pedalled a bike much in their lives, and probably will go the rest of their lives without ever getting on another bike (hard to imagine, ain't it?). It's no surprise that people like that might not sympathise with us.
When my boss first saw me wheeling my bike near the elevator, he asked if I couldn't afford a car. Dumba$$ is a couple years older than me, typical butterball/Pillsbury Doughboy/boozer.

I guess he can't stand me because we're EXACT opposites in literally every way.dance1

OzzyU812

May 15, 2008
"the bog" NH
I've had a lot of people comment on the bike. All were positive except one.
I was coming out of a store as a couple was pulling up on bicycles. It was a man and woman in their 30's at least. They had nice bikes, spandex, helmets. The man pulled up first and said "That's cheating", obviously referring to my motor. He was smiling, though, so I smiled back and said "Yeah, but it sure helps with the wind and hills". His female partner had a sour face as she said "You don't get any exercise without wind and hills." I resisted the urge to say something rotten. My response was "Well, don't knock it if you haven't tried it."
BET they drive to work! That's Cheating!