My brother and I taking a countryside cruise.

GoldenMotor.com

Tinsmith

May 15, 2009
Maryland
Nice Ride! Where in Illinois exactly is that? Looks similar to where I came from in central Ohio. We have great rural roads here in Maryland where we are now. Many days I won't encounter a vehicle on my 45 minute ride til I roll back into our town of 5000. Ain't it nice to have great roads like you do there?

Dan

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Hey that country looks familiar. I think I've been there before.

Neat ride, Ray. As always, Thanks for sharing.

Was that the sunglasses camera?

Tom

ckangaroo70

May 13, 2011
Central Illinois
Dan

I live and ride right in the middle of Illinois(farm country). While cruising those quiet blacktops....sometimes I will see more tractors on the road then cars. Makes for some easy and relaxing rides for sure.

Tom

That video was taken from the same sunglasses camera like you have. I have two pairs of those...so my brother you can see in the video was wearing my other pair. So I have some video of that ride, but from his perspective instead of mine. I may post a short clip of that as well. Later in our ride we had the opportunity to blow the doors off a slow moving tractor.LOL

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
See? That's why I didn't like riding in Illinois. Too much traffic. I never have had to deal with a tractor here in Colorado :)

The ride and the music were great, Ray. Thanks again.

Tom

Tinsmith

May 15, 2009
Maryland
Usually the only time I have to deal with tractors is when the are pulling the "honey wagons". Then I go somewhere else for the duration of that endeavor.

Don't mind Tom, he's just old and...........

Dan

YesImLDS

Jun 29, 2013
Columbia, Missouri
Dan

When Tom comes to visit me next year I'll have to find a few tractors for him to get stuck behind.LOL
Living in rural Illinois for most my childhood it's pretty easy finding them! I need to make a point to getting back to Illinois sometime soon so I can enjoy the tractor traffic! Better than all the car traffic here in Columbia!

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
I've passed a couple prius's in my time, but I guess that doesn't say much for those! I've also seen a couple tractors pass a few in my town!
Whenever I'm driving either my Ford Ranger or the hot rod I refuse to let a Prius pass me. I'll do whatever I have to to keep them behind me. Those and 'Smart Cars'. I'll NEVER let a "Smart Car' pass me, no matter what.

Tom

YesImLDS

Jun 29, 2013
Columbia, Missouri
Whenever I'm driving either my Ford Ranger or the hot rod I refuse to let a Prius pass me. I'll do whatever I have to to keep them behind me. Those and 'Smart Cars'. I'll NEVER let a "Smart Car' pass me, no matter what.

Tom
Haha I am the same way with my personal car. Might be a full size sedan, but it has a packing v6 that can't kill almost anything, but them hybrids! Gotta get something.

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
Man that makes me want to ride, I've only took my bikes up and down the street a couple of times lately. I've been locating and supplying parts to the body shop for my "Shoebox". Restoring old cars can be fun all it takes is a lot of time and even more $.

Tinsmith

May 15, 2009
Maryland
Yep, got the 250, six, with creeper 4-spd. Never checked but I would guess it gets 12-14 mpg. Just use it to haul stuff and ride in the countryside.

Dan