How about this frame? Haro Buster

GoldenMotor.com

Trey

$50 Cruiser
Jan 17, 2013
Where cattle outnumber people 3 to 1.
Hello all.
This was a project a friend from out of town built. I gave him what guidance I could over the phone, but he never really got it together right.
When he decided enough was enough, he bought a Schwinn with a 4-banger from me, minus $100 for this in trade.
It's been sitting around for a year? or so, and I noticed it the other day and wondered if this may be a candidate for a 40mph build. It's a Haro, and it seems well made. I like the lines of the frame, and would start with the frame only, building and adding everything else.

Opinions? Experiences?

Thanks!

Attachments

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Being a fan of 'swoopy, curvy' lines (like those fender braces) I love the frame even though it is aluminum. I can see why your friend had problems. Plumber's strap just won't work for engine mounts.
Nevertheless it looks like a good foundation for a motorized bicycle as long as a little care goes into it, which I'm sure you can do.

Keep us posted. Looks like a good project.

Tom

ckangaroo70

May 13, 2011
Central Illinois
I like it! The frame looks beefy and has some gussets welded in there. Looks like it would hold up well to some serious motoring. I would have to agree with Tom that it looks like it would be a good foundation for a dependable rig.

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
I have seen motorized Haro mountain bikes but I have never seen the Buster cruiser. Nice motorbike.