~$100 frame that can fit in frame gas tank?

GoldenMotor.com

lilbowser

Jul 9, 2015
Spokane
So, I am returning my Skyhawk gt-2 frame, for various reasons, but am now looking for a similarly priced frame that could fit a in frame gas tank, as well as a large motor such as a Predator 212cc.

lilbowser

Jul 9, 2015
Spokane

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
Instead of buying a new, china-made, and in my opinion, junk, bicycle, you could check your local craigslist for vintage, american made frames or complete bikes.

You can find any number of double bar frames, schwinn dx and straightbars, roadmasters, colsons, Columbias, etc.

Frame alone will usually sell for about 100, with complete bikes, depending on condition, can go 100 and up, just avoid the sellers who think their bikes are gold plated with diamonds for bearings.

There are a thousand vintage bike builds on this forum, with custom, in frame gas tanks that are a lot more stylish than any box store, cheap, mass produced bike you'll find at walmart.

Plus, a vintage bike was literally made for a motor and tank, since they were all modeled on motorcycles from the past.

If you have the skills (or the money for someone else to build it for you) you can convert the original tank to function as a real gas tank, or custom build one to look like the original.

Just say "NO!" to chinese bikes... :)