I just got this for free...

GoldenMotor.com

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Rack mount is the only option for that bike frame. Its nice that is has disk brakes and gears.
-If you want a frame mounted engine, see if you can find a hard tail or beach cruiser frame with more room in the triangle. The frame should have a head tube of the same diameter and length so that you can use the suspension fork and disk brake.

HackD

Oct 25, 2014
Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Scrappers? *blink*

If it were mine, and even if not workable for a motor assist - at the very least i would be all over it for parts value.

I've got a similar but older design Raleigh like that, being cannibalized on for parts on two different MAB's.

Mongoose is an ok name in the MTB world, if memory serves correct.

Good score, for free.

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Production tadpole Trike hubs and axles are different from bicycles. However, tadpole trikes can be built in such a way to accept bicycle wheels.
Trike hubs and hardware can be found on http://atomiczombie.com/
Do a google search on "DIY tricycle" to see what others have done with bicycle parts.

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Hello Mark,

Just saw this so I don't know if you have found what you need or not. When I put the tri car together I purchased 20mm through hubs from a maker in England. Since then I've found pretty much any front bike hub with a 20mm axle will work.

I used a 3/4" or 18mm bolt as the front axle. I wrapped one layer of pop can around the bolt to take up the little bit of looseness between the bearing and the axle. The center of the bearing doesn't move so it isn't effected.

If you look at the go kart sites you will find steering components with 3/4"-18mm axles. You just need to make sure they are long enough. I didn't think about that when I bought mine. Oops!

Hope this isn't to late and is of some help.

Steve.