eZip bike help

GoldenMotor.com

chained

Nov 9, 2014
United States
I just picked up an ezip Trailz bike for 30 bucks.

I got it home, and cant get any power to the motor or throttle lights

I have tested the batteries, they are putting out 26.2 volts. The switch seems a little hinky, but it still sends out power according to the multimeter. The controller also seems like its getting power, but I get no lights on the indicator.

Very new to ebikes, so I will appreciate any input.

The guy I bought it from said it had been sitting, but ran before that. I bought two new batteries locally today, still nothing.

Batteries are SLA 12V 9Ah

The stock ones (12V 10Ah) show 26.2 and the new ones show 24.5

Thanks for reading

Lungcookie

Aug 15, 2013
Oregon
Maybe a bad connection?
Check the throttle wires/plug.
Kinks or cuts in the wire?

Good luck, E-bikes are great when you get them going.

chained

Nov 9, 2014
United States
Maybe a bad connection?
Check the throttle wires/plug.
Kinks or cuts in the wire?

Good luck, E-bikes are great when you get them going.
I have tried with the throttle plugs unplugged. i dont know exactly what wires to test with the multimeter.

i put the ground on the power plug going into the controller, and the positive on the switch.

One of the battery holders is not getting any power at all. Battery 2 plug shows nothing on the meter,

If one wasnt working, would that prevent the whole system from doing anything?

Lungcookie

Aug 15, 2013
Oregon
It looks like its a 24v system so it maybe hitting the LVC, low voltage cutoff, at only 12v.
Fix that battery holder/connection.

chained

Nov 9, 2014
United States
It looks like its a 24v system so it maybe hitting the LVC, low voltage cutoff, at only 12v.
Fix that battery holder/connection.
thank you for your assistance thus far.

Yes it is a 24v SLA system. Im not sure what you mean by LVC.

Theres only one button and its on the throttle assembly, under the lights that dot work.

Im going to pull the bad holder off and inspect for any damage. One side works the other dont. But the good side wont send the power past either the switch or the controller.

the controllers are almost 60 bucks. I opened it and its filled with some type of foam and i cannot access any of the innards.

Lungcookie

Aug 15, 2013
Oregon
LVC= Low Voltage Cutoff.
It is a way for the controller to protect the batteries from over discharge, as that will damage the battery.

That button could be for horn or aux lights even.

Also if it has brake lever cutoff, that would keep the motor from working but I would think the power light would still work...just adding more confusion.

Get 24v going.

Happy to help if I can, I am only a bit over a year in this, still learning here too.

chained

Nov 9, 2014
United States
I just removed the bad connector, found the culprit. One of the connections was bad, so I cut the wire and crimped on a new connection. Getting a whole extra volt from it now, but still same boat.

I dont see anywhere on the controller to set the cutoff.

Im really lost lol

Im considering buying a new controller and switch, but that would suck if neither are the problem.

I hooked the controller directly to the power and it clicked, but still got no lights or response on the throttle.

Lungcookie

Aug 15, 2013
Oregon
LVC would be set at the factory, not something your can adjust.
Did you try to ride it? Will the PAS (pedal assist) work?