MA. CT. rides

GoldenMotor.com

Kioshk

Oct 21, 2012
Connecticut
Hey guys!

Sorry I hadn't responded.

Sooo...my STUFF is in Bridgeport (apartment with clothes, etc.), but I've spent about 80% of the last year on Long Island for family reasons. THAT said, I am afraid I can't commit to being in Hartford anytime soon. I HAVE done research though about using public-transport to get up there with my MB: CT is a PITA when it comes to public transport, bikes, and weekends in general...Sundays are ESPECIALLY tenuous. I even considered Amtrak outta New Haven...they're draconian on bikes...forget the gasoline! I'll keep my eye on the options; if June 29 works for me, I'll be there!

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
I'm so lost! LOL, nothing new

OK! the firm date is July 6th?

Will this work?

Kiosk, take the train to Hartford and we can get you back and forth and figure out a ride (MB) from there. LOL, you and I will most likely be siting at the table fixing one but that's just the fun!

So, we all good about July 6th? (that is a sunday?)

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
LOL! I honest to God am good with any, absolutely any date, any day of the week, month or any thing. I am self employed and not allowed in many religious venues.

Lets go with the 27th of July? just a thought.

wait, we are still going with this year, right? snork

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
That sounds great to me .Sorry for being such a pita.. It sucks I work a rotating schedule. On 2nd shift 8pm to8am.
NOT AT ALL!!

LOL, We are like a bowling team or some thing.

with really, really cheap rides......

OK, this is the final, absolute no mater what date;
(subject to change for no apparent reason)

July 27, at the DMV. Wethersfield, CT rear parking lot. Also known as the, MC proving ground. Noon! (ish)

Last edited:

SlowBalt

Mar 8, 2010
Rhode Island
I,m looking forward to showing my harbor freight 79cc with the 2stroke intake and carb. It ran out of steam at 35 with the stock carb. Now it cruises at 35 and tops out at 45 with me on it. And I'm 200lbs.

Last edited:

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Wow Slow. Am so surprised that works. (2smoke carb) Very cool and got any pics or thread links?

That really is awesome and solves 2 of the 3 puzzles to using a HF engine.

calvynandhobbs

Aug 28, 2008
Ledyard, CT
Got a PM from Dan over the weekend about the ride. I'll see what I can do, but are bikes like mine allowed? LOL I picked this up for $75 last summer and have probably put 1500 miles on it since.

If I can make it I'll send a note to Bruce to see if he's around. We can throw his Whizzer in the back of my truck with my Yumbo.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
LOL, Calvyn. If ya showed up with a big wheel with pink streamers, you & yer bike. Or no bike, would be welcomed, given a beer or soda, burger and promptly made fun of. because we all know big wheels have red streamers.

No kidding, I have yet to get a bike working and might be sitting on a bench and cheering you folks on as you ride past me.

I really, really have to make that bushing. 20K in and nope! lol

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Slow Balt, that is so you Mon. Always a good guy. Thank you Sir!

As always, I really do appreciate it! I am sure I will get it together by then but due tend to take my time, snork.

Some body has to watch the tent, cooler and grill........... (and Carol. she does tend to wonder)

Last edited:

TRAX

Nov 4, 2008
CT
Hey Dan/Slow/ All Lisa and I are going to try and make it. looking forward to seeing you guys again.

Calvyn, you should definitely come, and bring the scoot I might need a tow lol.

SlowBalt

Mar 8, 2010
Rhode Island
Well I was going to bring my 79cc but,the guy who bought my last highend build flagged me down. He bought it on the spot for his son. Now I get to try a horizontal setup. Looks like IM on the Whizzer for the ride.

Last edited:

calvynandhobbs

Aug 28, 2008
Ledyard, CT
Told my wife about the get together over the weekend and she reminded me that we are going to some friends' lake house up in Barre, VT that weekend and won't be coming back until Sunday night so I'm out. I really wish I could make it. It's been a while since I've seen ya'll.