phone apps

GoldenMotor.com
Sep 4, 2012
America's Hi-five
Not sure where this goes, but I chose electrical, hopefully not off topic.

Now that my phone is mounted, charging and able to use gps speedometer/nav I'm wondering what everyone that has a phone mount is using as their speedo app.

I have an android
Currently, I've been trying a couple.

Speedview: Most used, simple display, records data.
My tracks: Neat, records, but does not display mph in a way that is useable to me.

I've seen a few others I need to try out that have an overlay speed window. My hope is to have 1 program that can display both nav and current speed in a way that is easy to read, in a reliable package. I don't mind paying for a great app, I do mind paying for a poor app. Anyone have input?

Sep 4, 2012
America's Hi-five
For reference, here are some shots of what I've done. It's kinda protypie right now but works great!

the mount is just an old handlebar mount from my cheapo speedo, screwed into an extra backing I had since I use power mat at home. Phone snaps on tight.

The charging is accomplished through my 6v nicd battery
here is a crappy diagram of how it works.

I'll have to borrow another camera to take a pic of the phone on it, since its my camera too.

Sep 4, 2012
America's Hi-five
You may find some interesting stuff here: http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=41494
are you still using the ulysse/googlemaps combo currently? I'll give it a try. thanks!
*edit
Just installed it. It's great! I can't wait to go for a ride! Its not nearly as annoying or complicated as it appeared in the screenshots. I can set the analog scale too! Thanks so much for the recommendation. It does exactly what I was asking for.

Last edited: