Mounting issue

GoldenMotor.com

ballinchestr

Mar 6, 2014
Central MA
So 4 weeks later I got the bolts (got lost in the mail), and everything seems fine, except that the engine won't start. How long should it take for it to start the first time?

edit: Nevermind that, there is no spark. I tested it a couple weeks ago, and it worked fine back then. Nothing has happened to the bike or the wiring since then. I tried it without the kill switch, made sure it wasn't grounding, etc. Is it the plug, the cdi, or the mag? how can I tell?

Last edited:

bluegoatwoods

Jul 29, 2012
Central Illinois
If your wiring and such is clearly okay --you might want to double-check--, then it's likely enough a failed magneto. At least that's the component that fails more than others. With the possible exception of spark plugs.

I tried searching for threads dealing with this. But I didn't find much in the time that I have available. Still, the info is there. I've used it before. Why don't you go to the top of these pages where there's a 'search' window? Type in "magneto troubleshooting" or something like that. You'll find a bunch of threads that'll give you info.