Giant Alliance Shift kit build

GoldenMotor.com

shenanigans

Mar 14, 2014
Fort Polk
Allright good morning, evening, or night as it applies to you. I had this wild idea to build a shift kit bike after several successful beach cruiser builds. laff Yeah.....those were simple so this will be no big deal..... SO have any of you been wrong before? Or maybe looked at food and bit way more than you could chew? How about picked the wrong fight? Well bundle all that together and slap me in the face again. So brass tacks and facts, 2009 Giant Alliance Mountian bike 24 speed dual disk brakes. Kit was an ebay special $140 full kit for standard build, got an HD shift kit from SICKBIKEPARTS.COM and some other parts ill go over later. So, first replaced tubes have great MTB tires allready, tightend all bike things and made it 100% operational. Then mounted the shift kit to the motor. Boys and girls if you haven't had the pleasure of having to modify every inch of a china motor I am sorry you have not lived..... sarcasim. Fun fact I didnt know before although the motor fits this frame once its bolted to a shift kit, life is different. See the motor grows basicly and no longer is the same dimensions, now for most bikes no big deal, this giant, is not a giant at all. So I had to pull the can and head off, bolted the bottom end and bracket to the frame, oh, whats that the front mount will not In any way participate with me.... great. However, a rubber mallet and cuss words got it in the right position. (Yea I know the dangers of not having a mount up there follow me here) then you finish the shift kit up. Well..... the silly little NT Carb.... yeah that didnt fit at all, I cut the intake and got some braided hose, tada remote mounted the carb, good to go. Put the stock cdi and exaust on. Blah blah got it together, this aint no step by step anyway. So there I was for 4 hours trying to get this damn thing running.problems with carb, problems with chain mounting, problem with the motor moving because I dont have a front mount, so, I re smash this motor into place tightening the chain again, and I drilled some screws into the frame at the mount. Works great! Getting out cruzing around and I tossed the small block that holds the gear to the shaft on the shiftkit. I think I missed a step. But sickbikeparts.com make a really really good product and did I mention MADE IN AMERICA! .flg. Anyway, so I was able to use a standard bolt to hold that gear in place for now. Got a ways to go before its right, and ive gotta break this little motor in so I can put on the high performance parts I have. Anyway thanks for reading have a great day!:-||

shenanigans

Mar 14, 2014
Fort Polk
Thanks! That tank mounts with a front and rear bolt, I just drilled and tapped the top frame and ran bolts into the frame. Its a bit wobbly, I will use some pipe insulation to eliminate some of the play. Ive been in touch with the guys at sickbikeparts.com and ive gotta make a few adjustments that I overlooked. Thier customer service is awesome. It's a work in progress, so ill post mores as it gets further along.