Fito Modena...

GoldenMotor.com

Bzura

Mar 8, 2014
PA
I built a Modena Sport & it's a great bike. Nice, laid back feel & a really solid steel frame. No fenders to worry about either. The top tube is very tall so the stock tank mounts wouldn't work. I just used black leather straps to secure the tank, and it holds it nice & snug.

You could also convert the top tube into the fuel tank if you're up for a bit of a project. I did it on a Modena GT that I built, but I opted out of doing it on this one.

The Fito brand is bikebuyers.com house brand. I don't know who manufactures them, but they are of the same quality as Micargi. If you go the bikebuyers.com you can order right from there at the same price & they have different color options - and if you want fenders they are only a $15 add-on with the bike purchase.

boxkite

Mar 3, 2014
Fillmore Indiana
Bzura,
Seeing how you know both bikes, the Modena sport & the GT. Do you know if the rear wheel & tire size (24"x3") from the GT, well fit the sport? It kind of looks to me like they may have the same frame. But I'm not sure. I'd like to put one of those fat tires on the back of my sport if I could. Can you post some pictures of your builds?
thank you.

Bzura

Mar 8, 2014
PA
boxkite:
I'll post a pic of the GT tomorrow. I'm on my phone right now & I don't have those pics on it.

I think the frames have the same measurements, but I sold the Sport so I can't compare it to the GT. If you want we can compare measurements when you get your bike.

You will need to offset the engine 1/2" if you go with a 3" wide tire on the rear. Also, the rear sprocket will have to be extended out a little bit as well so that the chain lines up & clears the tire.
image.jpg

Bzura

Mar 8, 2014
PA
This is the white GT that I have. It's an older pic, but it shows it pretty well.
image.jpg

Last edited:

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
I built a Modena Sport & it's a great bike. Nice, laid back feel & a really solid steel frame. No fenders to worry about either. The top tube is very tall so the stock tank mounts wouldn't work. I just used black leather straps to secure the tank, and it holds it nice & snug.

You could also convert the top tube into the fuel tank if you're up for a bit of a project. I did it on a Modena GT that I built, but I opted out of doing it on this one.

The Fito brand is bikebuyers.com house brand. I don't know who manufactures them, but they are of the same quality as Micargi. If you go the bikebuyers.com you can order right from there at the same price & they have different color options - and if you want fenders they are only a $15 add-on with the bike purchase.
Everywhere I have looked, I can only find the Fito Modena bicycles with an aluminum frame.
Where did you find the steel framed ones? If I can find one I would get one!
Is the ad in the link above wrong?

boxkite

Mar 3, 2014
Fillmore Indiana
Hey Gearnut, Go to bikebuyers.com. Look under cruiser bikes. When you scroll down the page you will see the aluiminum frame fito's. Next I think you'll see micargi, and firmstrong. Scroll past them, then you'll get into the steel frame bikes. I hope this helps.

kevyleven007

Sep 25, 2008
texas
If it was me I would get one of those chromo steel frame cruisers from bikesdirect if you want steel or go with aluminum (good aluminum is better than steel, cheep crap aluminum is not).

Lungcookie

Aug 15, 2013
Oregon
I built one with the Magic Pie 3. (GT)
Aluminum frame single speed, I love it.
Very comfy frame. 500miles no problems, 1/3 in dirt.
I even did the 'no-no' move and stretched the rear, so far so good.
The bottom bracket is off-set on the geared model, not so much on the single speed.
The fat tires really absorb a lot of shock, however the tire choice is very very limited and good quality rims (24") are spendy.

Attachments

Last edited:

Tempus

May 7, 2014
Wisconsin
Bzura - With your previous experience motorizing the Modena GT with a 2 stroke what are thoughts on a 4 stroke fitting in the frame? I'm personally looking into the Modena GT 7-speed and installing one of the 49cc HS engine kits from bicycle-engines.com, but my searching on this forum and others hasn't provide any answer on frame clearance. Thoughts?

Thanks!