SoCal Rides/Meets over the next two weekends?

GoldenMotor.com

nzbiker

Jul 28, 2010
New Zealand
Hi, I'm a lurker from New Zealand with an interest in motor bicycles/cruisers and dabbles with them as time allows. I'm flying into LAX this Friday for the weekend, en-route to the Interbike show in Vegas, and am back in LA/SoCal the following weekend before returning to New Zealand. I've been searching the web for motor bicycle/cruiser bicycle events in LA or around SoCal on either of those weekends, but I haven't found anything other than the Long Beach Motorcycle Swap Meet on Sunday Sept. 23. Can anyone clue me into any other events or shops/locations where I could see an interesting selection of bikes, etc.

Many thanks, David

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
You welcome to meet up with me and we can ride the beach area. I have extra bikes so just let me know. It would be fun, I can round up some other guys to ride with.
Let me know....

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
Hi, I'm a lurker from New Zealand with an interest in motor bicycles/cruisers and dabbles with them as time allows. I'm flying into LAX this Friday for the weekend, en-route to the Interbike show in Vegas, and am back in LA/SoCal the following weekend before returning to New Zealand. I've been searching the web for motor bicycle/cruiser bicycle events in LA or around SoCal on either of those weekends, but I haven't found anything other than the Long Beach Motorcycle Swap Meet on Sunday Sept. 23. Can anyone clue me into any other events or shops/locations where I could see an interesting selection of bikes, etc.

Many thanks, David
This Friday? Today? :D
Socal Motor Bicycle Racing is holding a night oval race tomorrow on sat 7th.

Next weekend on the 20th there is a huge moped rally in Los Angeles with
some of the moped guys who race with us.
www.facebook.com/events/506312539439504/

Hey do you know anything about the kiwi's who race on some ovals in the North Island?

Last edited:

nzbiker

Jul 28, 2010
New Zealand
Oops, I was writing on Saturday here in NZ, forgetting that it was still Friday in the US :)
So I arrive Friday Sept. 13
I would have loved to attend the last weekend, it sounded like a lot of fun!

Sorry, I don't know anything about racing in the North Island. As far as I know, there is no organised associaton for Motorised Bicycles in NZ, so my guess is that there are pockets of activity going on throughout the country, but no links between the activities.

This Friday? Today? :D
Socal Motor Bicycle Racing is holding a night oval race tomorrow on sat 7th.

Next weekend on the 20th there is a huge moped rally in Los Angeles with
some of the moped guys who race with us.
www.facebook.com/events/506312539439504/

Hey do you know anything about the kiwi's who race on some ovals in the North Island?

nzbiker

Jul 28, 2010
New Zealand
You welcome to meet up with me and we can ride the beach area. I have extra bikes so just let me know. It would be fun, I can round up some other guys to ride with.
Let me know....
Thank you for the very kind offer. I've seen your bikes on the web and am very keen to see some up close, so If it still applies for this Friday or the weekend, yes please! I'm planning to attend the Sidecar Rally at Griffith Park on Sunday the 15th, but I'm flexible with that.

Gbrebes

Jul 16, 2010
Los angeles
Hey nzbiker,

I live in Hollywood. I would be up for a ride. I don't have an extra bike though. If you end up riding with CCC, maybe I could join you. Also, I didn't even know about the sidecar rally at griffith park. I live really close to there, so if you go, let me know and I can meet you there.

You can pm me for my phone number to make arrangements.

Gilbert

nzbiker

Jul 28, 2010
New Zealand
Let me know....
Hey, that's very kind. I'm keen to meet up for a ride. I thought I sent you a pm just after you posted your message, but I'm a bit new with the workings of these forums, so I'm not sure it was sent.
I've made a hotel booking near LAX and will have a motorcycle to get around on, so just let me know where and when suits you. You can phone/text me on 64274462414, I'll have the phone switched back on from late morning on Friday after I've landed in LA.

Really looking forward to meeting and riding (I hope the offer was for this weekend and not last weekend!)

Thanks, David

dmb

Dec 4, 2010
lakewood ca
your right buba, that dude was in heaven leaving jeff's house on one of icemans boardtrackers that jeff pulled out of storage and started on first pull. then cruzzing with andy, gill and jeff... these are the memories you remember for life. good man jeff and friends. dennis. oh and being from NZ he wasn't weird at all, strange...

Last edited:

Gbrebes

Jul 16, 2010
Los angeles
Yes, it was a fun day. The ride was a little short though from Jeff's house. Whenever my bike does not break down, I always want to go on a longer ride.

It was great to meet and ride with David. Hope your ear is ok, that's so weird to get stung WHILE you're riding.

Big thanks to Jeff for hosting the pre-ride meet-up, I always wanted to see your shop, and it was totally awesome. You make clean azz sheet.

I had a super-fun time getting to hang out with the guys. Don't get to do that very often. Hope to see Andy, Jeff, and Dennis at Grange.

Gilbert

buba

Jul 2, 2010
los angeles
bee sting!!!
had a friend in colorado who was highly allergic -- he was riding his Honda 350 up in the rockies and got stung by a bee on his chest --almost killed him

he was barely able to get to small town and get some medicine directly from the pharmacist otherwise it could have been curtains

glad you guys got to show him the ropes and do it on your wheels

nzbiker

Jul 28, 2010
New Zealand
Oops, a bit late responding to the thread. I got back from Interbike and Vegas on the weekend and made my way down to Long Beach for the cycle swap meet yesterday, lots of cool stuff there. The first person I see after parking the bike is Jeff from wolfcreativecustoms.com, small world huh!

I had a great time a week ago hanging out with Jeff and fellow motorized bicycle riders and riding one of Jeff's board track style bikes from Culver City to Venice and back for the VVMC meet up. If you want to stand out amongst hundreds of very cool vintage and custom motorcycles, ride a styling motorized bicycle!

The bee sting while riding back to Culver City was weird, that's the second time I've been stung while out riding, the last time was on the neck at 60mph on a motorcycle back in January, but in both instances caused no more than temporary discomfort.

Many thanks to Jeff for his kindness in letting me ride one of his bikes, showing me his remarkable workshop and answering my endless questions :)
I have great memories from that day and am amazed that a single posting to this forum lead to meeting some great people and having a such a great time.

Cheers 'til next time!

Last edited:

dmb

Dec 4, 2010
lakewood ca
geeze?!?? jeff and you at vets? OK... it wasn't icemans bike... it was jeff's bike that you borrowed... i said it I'M S O R R Y ! it will never happen again 100 times on the chalk board i know i've done it a million times....