October 19th 2013 Socal Motor Bicycle Racing At Grange Motor Circuit!

GoldenMotor.com

nashmoto

Apr 21, 2010
Northern California
Re: October 2013 Race At Grange?

Correction: I meant to say I'm bringing the Honda CG 160 and 66cc Pro Bike. Still working on a few details before the 2-stroker is ready, but it's very close. By Spring might have a 99cc bike to race with Scotto again, but then again, there's always a new bike to be built!
As usual looking forward to a great day at the track & fun group of racers.

Attachments

magrider

Aug 24, 2010
OrangeCounty, CA

Hey Steve, what class bikes are you bringing to race? New ones in the works?
Brian,i'm bringing my h20 Morini, dyno it and see what class it will compete in. brother isn't going to race again, but I will bring his bike and probably race it in the mid-class. There is interest from a builder to race his bike in the 12+ class which I am excited about.

My china bike is sitting without engine, I am going to wait and see how this season finishes and wait till next year to build again. possibly put a 4stroke 99cc in the china chassis, or maybe sell it. i'll have to wait and see.

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
Brian,i'm bringing my h20 Morini, dyno it and see what class it will compete in. brother isn't going to race again, but I will bring his bike and probably race it in the mid-class. There is interest from a builder to race his bike in the 12+ class which I am excited about
Your 11 HP water cooled Morini will dyno at more than 8 HP and the 12 HP plus Unlimited class is raced together with that 11 HP class.
There aren't many 11 HP class bikes left.
It's an affordable race class which has a cool joker trophy and probably some prizes from AGK.

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com

I plan to race a 99cc bike. Not sure if I will bring the china doll but the monster will be with me for sure.
Hi Jeff, that 99 cc HF sub class in the Midrange class will be alotta fun.

Do you have a billet flywheel on the 99 cc?
what kind of rpm's are you turning?

Is your son racing?

Joker Machine trophies are really nice for this race.

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.

Your 11 HP water cooled Morini will dyno at more than 8 HP and the 12 HP plus Unlimited class is raced together with that 11 HP class.
There aren't many 11 HP class bikes left.
It's an affordable race class which has a cool joker trophy and probably some prizes from AGK.
I think my next race bike is gonna be 10.5 HP..... it's just enough power to go plenty fast without having to go ball's to the wall! And yes.....I'm serious.

dnut

Last edited:

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca

Hi Jeff, that 99 cc HF sub class in the Midrange class will be alotta fun.

Do you have a billet flywheel on the 99 cc?
what kind of rpm's are you turning?

Is your son racing?

Joker Machine trophies are really nice for this race.

Iceman has requested a day off since he is a working man now. We have a few upgrades but don't really worry about the flywheel.... Chit it only the magnet that is an issues, I am more worried about the rod...what ever we will have bikes to race and looking forward to seeing everyone....

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
Was thinking of doing this race. Will there be a plug available to charge up the Juicer?
Hey Dave
As you know Grange is run on generators on race day.
There is a small generator running the PA you could plug into and this time we will have another generator running the weight scale under the canopy in front of the office where the dyno will also be located on another dedicated generator.

Ryan the Dyno man wanted to be able to weigh the bikes, and riders too.

You probably know that M1GP will be racing on Sunday 20th after us and they have the electric class now that you raced in at the Willow Springs kart track in June.

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.

Scott, what engine/ combo do you think is going to give you 10.5hp
Hey Steve, I have a new, near stock 196cc Greyhound brewing in the garage right now that should fit the bill nicely. It will be built on a Dyno frame......an orange Kustom Kruiser ;)

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
Scott, what engine/ combo do you think is going to give you 10.5hp
212 CC Predator with Only
18 lb valve springs
Better Carb
Free flowing exhaust
Of course a billet flywheel because the governor is removed.

We dynoed #69 Edans 212 cc bike at 10.3 HP.
Yep, its an affordable race class.
No cam
No flat top piston
No rod
No dumping over $1000 into your motor! :D

magrider

Aug 24, 2010
OrangeCounty, CA

I didn't realize that you could get so much power from the 212 pred. with so few mods.

Scott has gone Dyno crazy, look forward to your build, you'll need a trailer soon to haul your motorized bicycles to the track.

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
I talked to Timm at Big Boy Cycles and they are bringing a new build that is going to blow you away!

Never seen a motorized bicycle like it before .......sorry I promised not to tell so are gonna have to come to the race to see it in person. :)

Timm and Roland are bringing the Turbo bike too and a few others.

Some of their customers may be showing up on Big Boy Cycles as well.